Making a Water Hauler and Sprayer

BonnySlope

Equipment
BX2380FEL, Add-A-Grapple, Titan 48" Box scraper, 60" Rake, 72" Rear Blade, Flail
Apr 11, 2021
NW Oregon
Well taking on new project with this Snyder PTO 3-point setup, with twenty feet of stainless boom, two eight foots. It's 110 gallons, I know it's a little heavy for my BX if filled, but 50 gal. should work with some front ballast should be good. Tank looks only a couple years old with no residue in tank, it's been cleaned well, just some tree pollen. First thing I need to do is change over to cat.1 lift pins and adjust some of the control mounts and add stabilizer bar to pump and get rid that chain.
Plan is to get upper hand and take back my field from the broad leaf weeds. Since I've been tilling and spot seeding, I've noticed them more. When I get the formula rate down for nozzles, I'll giver a go with some spraying. It maybe to late in the season. Plus, 3Point_PTO_Sprayer (1).jpg 3Point_PTO_Sprayer (2).jpg it'll make a nice winter water collector with an adaptor over the neck for more collection area match up with a nozzle for the dryer parts of summer. I filled up 1.5 55-gallon barrels, kitchen grade plastic.

Reactions: 1 user

Motion

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5100HST/FEL
Aug 17, 2020
Mandeville Louisiana
I'd recommend checking the pump rollers and strainer. Ensure the nozzles are all the same size, get a graduated beaker to help determine the pumping volume. Purchase some dye to practice coverage. Purchase a foam marker to ensure you track where you've sprayed. Add some fittings/valves and purchase a spray gun to increase the sprayer uses.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
You'll have to be REAL CAREFUL !! There's a HUGE 'slosh' factor when that barrel is 1/2 full !!! Most of this motion will be left-right and driving over 'uneven ground' it can become dangerous.
One option to consider is putting the unit onto one of those 'mini farm wagons' you'll see at TSC or similar places. I've had 3 of them,far more stable than a 2 wheel trailer, less stress on the pulling tractor, easy to store too !

BonnySlope

Equipment
BX2380FEL, Add-A-Grapple, Titan 48" Box scraper, 60" Rake, 72" Rear Blade, Flail
Apr 11, 2021
NW Oregon
I'd recommend checking the pump rollers and strainer. Ensure the nozzles are all the same size, get a graduated beaker to help determine the pumping volume. Purchase some dye to practice coverage. Purchase a foam marker to ensure you track where you've sprayed. Add some fittings/valves and purchase a spray gun to increase the sprayer uses.
Thanks, all good suggestions to strengthen my thoughts. I can go to one of the local Ag. suppliers, maybe some green dye. I found an AG Spray equipment owner's manual which mirrors Snyder's setup breaking everything down from pump tear down to rate formulas. It's going to be a fun voyage, not as fast as one would hope but can be managed in stages. Attaching a quick connect and my extension lines from my pressure washer, I have a high- and low-pressure wand. for now, all nozzles are the same color code. Nice is there are flushing plugs on two booms and the center main.

Last edited:

BonnySlope

Equipment
Apr 11, 2021
NW Oregon
You'll have to be REAL CAREFUL !! There's a HUGE 'slosh' factor when that barrel is 1/2 full !!! Most of this motion will be left-right and driving over 'uneven ground' it can become dangerous.
One option to consider is putting the unit onto one of those 'mini farm wagons' you'll see at TSC or similar places. I've had 3 of them,far more stable than a 2 wheel trailer, less stress on the pulling tractor, easy to store too !
Good thoughts, but if it becomes an issues I can insert a single baffle under the lid of some SS to help manage that.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Are you planning on using it to both spray chemicals and to water plants? Little confused as to what you mean by water hauler. Just remember, it is almost impossible to get all the chemical residue out of the sprayer.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
'almost' ??? lol..... neighbour 'thought' he'd properly cleaned his tag along tank of 'kills-all'

THOUGHT !!!

has a 1/4 acre disaster, an interesting mix of green grass, brown grass, dead grass

also .not too sure how you'll get a proper baffle into the tank, seems like a small hole...then again, guys used to get sailing ships into bottles....

Reactions: 1 users

BonnySlope

Equipment
Apr 11, 2021
NW Oregon
Are you planning on using it to both spray chemicals and to water plants? Little confused as to what you mean by water hauler. Just remember, it is almost impossible to get all the chemical residue out of the sprayer.
Plan is to use to go after weeds with herbicides and fertilizers on my field grass after dragging and reseeding. For everything most die chemicals, I have a 20 gallon I can use along fence line and gravel driveway. These are ideas and can change. Water tender.
There are also chemical tank cleaners and neutralizers.

Last edited:

BonnySlope

Equipment
Apr 11, 2021
NW Oregon
'almost' ??? lol..... neighbour 'thought' he'd properly cleaned his tag along tank of 'kills-all'

THOUGHT !!!

has a 1/4 acre disaster, an interesting mix of green grass, brown grass, dead grass

also .not too sure how you'll get a proper baffle into the tank, seems like a small hole...then again, guys used to get sailing ships into bottles....
A 6" wide baffle may disrupt the fluids enough, beside only going a couple mph, not rallying, ah those were the past days.
Also, like sailboat in bottle, lower material down and scissor effect to increase mase, or maybe a length of 6" green sewer pipe with holes. :unsure:

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
This is all I can contribute- but I think you are way beyond this setup. 😉
quad tank.jpg

BonnySlope

Equipment
Apr 11, 2021
NW Oregon
More pictures of that Hiboy please
You like, traded Chev Blazer in for it new back in the day, when Ford Rangers were real trucks.:p
Don't drive it anymore, took it apart with intentions of converting 460 over to fuel injection, got a little sidetracked. for now.

Last edited: