Bosch 15381-51011 rebuild---help!!

bpantherone

Equipment
Kubota B7100
Nov 28, 2023
North Carolina
So I'm rebuilding the Bosch 15381-51011 injector on my B7100. It has been sitting for around 5 years and wouldn't start. Everything was gummed up and wouldn't move. Of course during the disassembly, I drop it on the floor and the control rack breaks. Where does everyone get their parts from?? I've searched and searched for parts and either get that I have to place an order from Japan or the UK.

I have everything cleaned up, but would rather replace the control rack with a new one if i can find it.

Thanks!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Your not rebuilding a injector, your rebuilding a injection pump.
The parts your looking for 15531-51060 -> 15531-51062 have long been obsolete, you're not very likely to even find them, not even non US.
What you can find is rebuilt pump, but they are not cheap.
Put a wanted ad in the forum for a D650-D750-D850-D950 injection pump and you might get lucky that someone has one they are willing to part with.

Reactions: 1 users

bpantherone

Equipment
Kubota B7100
Nov 28, 2023
North Carolina
Your not rebuilding a injector, your rebuilding a injection pump.
The parts your looking for 15531-51060 -> 15531-51062 have long been obsolete, you're not very likely to even find them, not even non US.
What you can find is rebuilt pump, but they are not cheap.
Put a wanted ad in the forum for a D650-D750-D850-D950 injection pump and you might get lucky that someone has one they are willing to part with.
Well looks like I need to buy the entire pump now. Installed the one I cleaned and initially started getting some white smoke when it was turning over, and then acted like it stopped getting fuel.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Apparently, you done broke da code.
A new (or rebuilt) injection pump seems likely to be in your very immediate future.
It probably would have been best to send your original pump out for rebuild, rather than attempting same.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Well looks like I need to buy the entire pump now. Installed the one I cleaned and initially started getting some white smoke when it was turning over, and then acted like it stopped getting fuel.
When you "rebuilt / cleaned" the pump did you time the barrels?
Did you bleed all the air out of the injection lines, it takes a lot longer than most think.

Reactions: 1 user

bpantherone

Equipment
Kubota B7100
Nov 28, 2023
North Carolina
Update: After putting a new pump in, the old machine has come back from the grave!! Thankfully! Now I have a new issue. I push the clutch in, go to put it gear and it won't go. Gears grind like the clutch isn't working at all. I can put it in low speed and put it in gear, and of course it moves. Could the clutch be stuck and not work from where it has sit for so long? Any ideas or tricks of the trade to try and remedy it?
When you "rebuilt / cleaned" the pump did you time the barrels?
Did you bleed all the air out of the injection lines, it takes a lot longer than most think.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Update: After putting a new pump in, the old machine has come back from the grave!! Thankfully! Now I have a new issue. I push the clutch in, go to put it gear and it won't go. Gears grind like the clutch isn't working at all. I can put it in low speed and put it in gear, and of course it moves. Could the clutch be stuck and not work from where it has sit for so long? Any ideas or tricks of the trade to try and remedy it?
Put something on the rear that will work it hard, like a roto tiller or spring tooth cultivator.
then run it in a higher gear than you need and work the clutch while it's pulling, if you get lucky it will pop loose.
If not then you in for a split!

• Love

bpantherone

Equipment
Kubota B7100
Nov 28, 2023
North Carolina
Put something on the rear that will work it hard, like a roto tiller or spring tooth cultivator.
then run it in a higher gear than you need and work the clutch while it's pulling, if you get lucky it will pop loose.
If not then you in for a split!
I appreciate it! Let's keep the fingers crossed lol.

Reactions: 1 user

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I appreciate it! Let's keep the fingers crossed lol.
Also, when you are not using the tractor, block the clutch pedal down so the clutch is released as instructed by the Operators Manual.

• Love

bpantherone

Equipment
Kubota B7100
Nov 28, 2023
North Carolina
Also, when you are not using the tractor, block the clutch pedal down so the clutch is released as instructed by the Operators Manual.
Well the attachment trick worked.....THANKFULLY!! After a few revolutions, and me pumping the clutch like I was being paid each time my foot went down, the clutch released. Thanks again for all the help!

bpantherone

Equipment
Kubota B7100
Nov 28, 2023
North Carolina
Okay new issue. I was running the tractor doing a ’ittle plowing then bam, lost all steering. Steering wheel spins freely and only occasionally will catch. Let me guess. Steering box rebui’d??