Why is perception often much different than the truth?

WI_Hedgehog

Equipment
BX2370 (impliment details in Profile-About)
Apr 24, 2024
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
Wolfman must be on vacation or this thread would be locked😎
It's unfortunate that platforms such as Facebook prevent freedom of speech and predictably politics seeps into forums like these....but when government intrudes on every aspect of life what else can be expected. I went down the rabbit hole of lawnmower blade tip speed and man, read the regs from people in non-elected government positions somehow in charge of dictating boundaries of how our lives can be lived (in this case regarding tractors) and 98 pages later I'm left wondering how anything gets done nowadays.

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
It's unfortunate that platforms such as Facebook prevent freedom of speech and predictably politics seeps into forums like these....but when government intrudes on every aspect of life what else can be expected.
[/QUOte
I totally agree that freedom of speech is muzzled but members of this forum and most others resort to insults and blaming instead of discussing what they want and don't want. It isn't necessary to insert names of political foes to discuss ( Do you/will you approve if your daughters and daughters-in-law terminate pregnancies rather bearing Grandchildren or practicing birth control/ Are you looking forward to the house nextdoor becoming a halfway house for illegal immigrants/ What do you like better about immigrants entering at our Southern border at will than how millions enter legally/ do you believe forgiving loans for college is fair and equal for those who held jobs to pay their way/do you believe donations to colleges should require equal amounts go to academic scholarships and athletic scholarships/ do you believe inmates have a constitutional right to better housing and food than soldiers.

Self discipline is required to live in a democracy. If one must insult others to make their day whole ,doing it online instead of face to face is cowardice. Posting memes is childish so if one doesn't want to be
viewed as a brat they should think twice before allowing memes to speak for them.

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
The report was quite clear; prosecution was not sought because Biden was too elderly and feeble minded.

There was no question of intention. Biden had classified documents going back to his time in the Senate, and he showed classified documents to a writer/ghost writer repeatedly for a book.

Biden could not claim immunity because, unlike Trump, Biden was not President at the time he took the documents. A President has an unfettered ability to declassify, and there is the issue of Presidential Papers.

Neither Biden nor Trump followed proper procedures/the letter of the law.
Yes, I’m astonished that there does not appear to be a checks-and-balances…a simple. library check-out system with regard to classified docs. And I’m P.O’-ed that politicians of all parties take such disregard of such matters….
But…That response, Elliott, does not address the complete cooperation of Biden …. versus Trumps blatant lies/denials, attempts to hide and the refusal to cooperate…. and Trump did NOT declassify them before he stole them.

Wake up America!

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex., Beer fridge
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Wolfman must be on vacation or this thread would be locked😎
+10 😂

Was thinking the same thing around halfway through the first page of this thread…

Not that I have a problem with reading other peoples opinions…

edit: actually I thought it might be cool to have a forum where you could post a thread, and it would automatically be locked after the first post…

without the ability to reply to that post, so people wouldn’t fill up the forum with replies to a locked post…

Yeah, I know. I’m strange, dude…😂

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
"... does not address the complete cooperation of Biden" as stated by GeoHorn!!

An example of
Why is perception often much different than the truth?

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: Biden felony gun charge...

perception, as reported in the media,....'poor Hunter..bad drugs got to him.....we need to pity him, help him, poor lost soul.

reality, he's a hard core drug addict that knowingly lied on a FEDERAL form

since 'all men are created equal', NONE should be above the law ?

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
re: Biden felony gun charge...

perception, as reported in the media,....'poor Hunter..bad drugs got to him.....we need to pity him, help him, poor lost soul.

reality, he's a hard core drug addict that knowingly lied on a FEDERAL form

since 'all men are created equal', NONE should be above the law ?
maybe that's why he is on trial?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
it'll be interesting to see IF he's convicted of his crime(25 years in jail ) or let off with a 'goto drug rehab' free card.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
maybe that's why he is on trial?
Back to your original topic - did you look at how the CDC and other source numbers (my post / #7) are significantly higher and in agreement showing higher crime rates than the FBI numbers?

This is a situation where reality and perception are the same - crime is up significantly from pre-Covid years. Some recent reports of crime being down from a year or two ago, do not provide the context that although down from higher levels it is still up from pre-Covid rates.

Reference from my prior post:

You can also look at this report that shows crime statistics from various sources (on page 4) to see the real state of crime in the US.

CLOS Research Paper ASSESSING AMERICA’S CRIME CRISIS April 2024 - FINAL.pdf

drive.google.com
drive.google.com

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
"When you're the father and your son's entire career is dependent on that, they own you."

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
This one is getting nuked for sure.

• Haha

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
but it shouldn't,really. interesting to see other 'points of view' or 'perceptions'.

kinda like is the glass half empty or half full ?
or
coin tosses. most perceived there's only 2 outcomes , when in reality there are THREE !

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
If, in fact, crime is down why are there so many jails being built?
To hold criminals tracked down and convicted in future years for crimes committed Jan 6th 2021 ?

WI_Hedgehog

Equipment
BX2370 (impliment details in Profile-About)
Apr 24, 2024
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
I totally agree that freedom of speech is muzzled but members of this forum and most others resort to insults and blaming instead of discussing what they want and don't want. It isn't necessary to insert names of political foes to discuss ( Do you/will you approve if your daughters and daughters-in-law terminate pregnancies rather bearing Grandchildren or practicing birth control/ Are you looking forward to the house nextdoor becoming a halfway house for illegal immigrants/ What do you like better about immigrants entering at our Southern border at will than how millions enter legally/ do you believe forgiving loans for college is fair and equal for those who held jobs to pay their way/do you believe donations to colleges should require equal amounts go to academic scholarships and athletic scholarships/ do you believe inmates have a constitutional right to better housing and food than soldiers.

Self discipline is required to live in a democracy. If one must insult others to make their day whole ,doing it online instead of face to face is cowardice. Posting memes is childish so if one doesn't want to be
viewed as a brat they should think twice before allowing memes to speak for them.
I'm glad members are keeping conversations civil, in some sense we're all neighbors.

I'm not here for the politics, though at some level it's been helpful to understand why some things are the way they are. Plus it's good to hear what others think.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
If crime is dropping, why are so many women buying guns and taking training courses ?

Reactions: 2 users

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
If what has been said here can be called a survey the question is why are so called experts trying so hard to create perceptions that don't align with reality? Rhetorical question of course because everyone knows the answer is for selfish reason or personal gain. Then like all mysteries, when one has been solved it raises another. The new mystery in this case is why some continue clamoring for more kool-aid.

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
Since illegally crossing U.S. borders is no longer handle as a crime, that accounts for millions fewer reported crimes in recent years. The same could be said for shoplifting, the act happens a lot more but since few arrests are made it gives the perception shoplifting is declining