Kubota B8200 turns over but wont start.

1 Deacon Jack

Equipment
Kubota B8200 Front end loader and shredder
Jun 1, 2024
Aransas Pass Texas
I am new here. To start with I have been following related posts. A little background on the tractor. One feed talked about voltage. I bypassed all wiring and put in a standard pushbutton starter switch. This did nothing. Still turns over but wont start. I have also replaced the battery, battery cables, starter and solenoid.
On the fuel side I have replaced the fuel filter and low-pressure fuel lines. I have bled air from the lines form the pump and from all 3 fuel lines.
The last thing I havent tried that I read was lack of compression. I will try that next. Two more questions: what should the valve clearance be set at? and does the glow plugs need to be hooked up to run? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jack

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Well jack, you did pretty much shot yourself in the foot right off the get go.

I bypassed all wiring and put in a standard pushbutton starter switch. This did nothing. Still turns over but wont start.
and does the glow plugs need to be hooked up to run?
No glow plugs, no start, yes it absolutely needs the glow plugs to start, it does not need them to run.
The glow plug circuit has 2 paths
1: Preheat through the indicator coil and to the glow plugs.
2: Crank straight powered.

The last thing I havent tried that I read was lack of compression. I will try that next. Two more questions: what should the valve clearance be set at? and does the glow plugs need to be hooked up to run?
Do not mess with the valve clearance, it's not wrong, they just don't change, and if it did change, it would have changed in your favor for it starting.
The compression 99.9% of the time has nothing to do with the valves.
If it's a compression issue you will need to do a compression test.

If it suddenly died and just wont start it's not compression or wiring (well it might not have been till you ripped it out) or anything like that.

It will be a fuel delivery issue, and if you've opened up the fuel system you will need to bleed the injection system all the way to the injectors.

If it's been dead for years then it could be a multitude of issues, but fuel delivery is still at the top of the list.

Reactions: 1 users

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Please start over with what the tractor was doing before you started to do stuff to get it running.

Was it start and running well before?
Did it die when you were using it or was it sitting for hours, days weeks, years?

And from the title of the thread, confirm that is was and is spinning the engine from the original wiring and key switch.

If it was spinning and not firing off, why did you replace the switch and bypass wiring.

Can you explain if the original wiring is still getting power or is it out of the picture now?

What type of safety switches and is there any ”computer” or control box on your machine?

If there is and there is no power then the tractor will never fire off (probably).

StephenR

Feb 12, 2024
Kentucky
This sounds like a fuel issue, but I am not familiar with the B8200, so I will ask the first question that comes to mind. Does the engine have an electric fuel shut off or a manual shut off? If it's electric, it may not be opening.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
This tractor uses a mechanical shut-off, it only needs an electrical function to spin the engine and heat the glow plugs.