Kubota M5112 error code P0093

Ionut002

Equipment
Kubota M5112
Feb 6, 2024
Romania
Hello, I'm back with a new problem, recently the tractor started showing me this error code. From what I've read, it has to do with fuel pressure.
When the code appeared, the engine wanted to stop but did not stop and came back again.
The next day it appeared for a few minutes and then worked fine all day.
The diesel filter was changed by the previous owner recently. But not with an original one, but a hifi filter.
Could there be dirt in the elbow of the decanter filter?
Or is there dirt in the filter of the electric diesel pump?
I haven't checked them yet.
The tractor has 1400 hours.
What could it be?
I don't think it's an injector, or the high pressure pipe or the pump.
What do you think it could be?

Attachments

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
The most common cause is a restriction in the fuel supply to the mechanical high-pressure pump.
Remove the fuel hose from the outlet side of the electric fuel lift pump, insert a short section of loose hose, and hang it over a bucket. Turn the key switch to the ON position but do not crank the engine over to see how much fuel flow you are getting to the spin-on fuel filter.

If you have a weak fuel flow, remove the water separator, disassemble it, and blow through the port below the shut-off lever with compressed air. You may very well have debris plugging the 90-degree inlet elbow.

If you have a good flow, replace the spin-on filter with the correct one as most of the will-fit filters are 15 microns or more. The correct filter is 3 to 5 microns.

Reactions: 1 user

Ionut002

Equipment
Kubota M5112
Feb 6, 2024
Romania
I think I discovered the problem, the electric fuel pump has a very low flow, and it lets the fuel go back.
I will buy a new electric pump and come back with updates.

MikeandAdawn

Premium Member

Equipment
M5-111, M7060, DM1024, BX2380
Mar 7, 2024
Williamstown, WV
I have an M5-111 with 1600 hours. Yesterday I pulled out of shed and it came down to an idle and began surging. Code P0093 showed up. I had just purchased new filters last week so I installed the fuel filter and removed the separator bowl and cleaned. That didn't help. Chart shows possible High fuel pressure sensor, injector, leak or wiring. Anyone have luck with this code?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I have an M5-111 with 1600 hours. Yesterday I pulled out of shed and it came down to an idle and began surging. Code P0093 showed up. I had just purchased new filters last week so I installed the fuel filter and removed the separator bowl and cleaned. That didn't help. Chart shows possible High fuel pressure sensor, injector, leak or wiring. Anyone have luck with this code?
Read post #3 and follow it!

MikeandAdawn

Premium Member

Equipment
Mar 7, 2024
Williamstown, WV
Read post #3 and follow it!
Well, I pulled off the filter and the separator and all the lines. I blew compressed air through all the passages with no noticeable restrictions. The fuel filter is new from dealer. I did learn there is a small filter in the bottom of the fuel pump housing. The dealer said they have never sold one. I took it out and it was filthy. It was a screen style, so I cleaned it thoroughly and reinstalled. Cleared the codes and started. Nothing changed. It still lopes really bad, code P0093. So I pulled the line off the pump and watched the fuel flow. It was a full hose sized stream that had decent volume. So I don't think its a supply problem. Has there been any issues with injectors? I hear a pretty noticeable click coming from the front injector area. There's no smoke out of exhaust to indicate a fuel injector leaking excessively. So, I'm looking for ideas.

TIA

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Well, I pulled off the filter and the separator and all the lines. I blew compressed air through all the passages with no noticeable restrictions. The fuel filter is new from dealer. I did learn there is a small filter in the bottom of the fuel pump housing. The dealer said they have never sold one. I took it out and it was filthy. It was a screen style, so I cleaned it thoroughly and reinstalled. Cleared the codes and started. Nothing changed. It still lopes really bad, code P0093. So I pulled the line off the pump and watched the fuel flow. It was a full hose sized stream that had decent volume. So I don't think its a supply problem. Has there been any issues with injectors? I hear a pretty noticeable click coming from the front injector area. There's no smoke out of exhaust to indicate a fuel injector leaking excessively. So, I'm looking for ideas.

TIA
At this point I would be hauling it in and have the dealer run diagnostics on it with the computer.

Ionut002

Equipment
Kubota M5112
Feb 6, 2024
Romania
I'll be back with updates, before I installed the new fuel pump my decanter filter was half empty, now with the new fuel pump it's always full, I haven't used the tractor much yet, but I hope everything is resolved.

Ionut002

Equipment
Kubota M5112
Feb 6, 2024
Romania
And I discovered another problem today, I was moving the decanter filter valve, and I could see that sometimes more or less diesel was coming in the open position.
I said to open the tap, everything was fine, but when I took the filter support down, I see the hose coming from the tank with a rather large hole.
But it was pulling more air than losing diesel.
And the diesel that was flowing could not be seen because it was going down on the protection of the hose.
I hope everything will be fine from now on.

Ionut002

Equipment
Kubota M5112
Feb 6, 2024
Romania
But the new pump also makes a difference, because the old pump had a worn internal piston, and the valve in it stopped closing, losing a lot of pressure.
I hope everything is fixed now

MikeandAdawn

Premium Member

Equipment
Mar 7, 2024
Williamstown, WV
Took to dealer. They diagnosed as bad injection pump. Part is $5700. Ouch!🤕. Curious is pumps are something that is common? I change all fuel filters at 350-400 hrs or minimally each year. I have 1600 on a unit that’s 5 years old. Who knows.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Took to dealer. They diagnosed as bad injection pump. Part is $5700. Ouch!🤕. Curious is pumps are something that is common? I change all fuel filters at 350-400 hrs or minimally each year. I have 1600 on a unit that’s 5 years old. Who knows.
Seems to me like it may be time to call Oregon Fuel Injection Inc. (541-485-1434), and pack the pump up for an air shipment.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
The M5-111 has a common rail injection system, therefore it does not have an injection pump.
Common rail fuel systems use a high-pressure supply pump that sends pressurized fuel to the common rail. The common rail supplies fuel to the injectors at all times so when the ECU signals the injector coil, it injects fuel.

MikeandAdawn

Premium Member

Equipment
Mar 7, 2024
Williamstown, WV
The M5-111 has a common rail injection system, therefore it does not have an injection pump.
Common rail fuel systems use a high-pressure supply pump that sends pressurized fuel to the common rail. The common rail supplies fuel to the injectors at all times so when the ECU signals the injector coil, it injects fuel.

Ok, I get it. Wrong technical terminology. The only difference is the ‘injection pump’ delivers the fuel in sequence to a specific injector AT HIGH PRESSURE. The supply pump delivers fuel to a rail that injectors are tethered to AT HIGH PRESSURE. It’s semantics. Say either one and I know what you’re talking about. Doesn’t matter if it’s a 12V Cummins with a P7100 INJECTION pump or a 6.7 with a Supply pump. Both deliver HIGH PRESSURE fuel to the injectors.

Turn signal or direction indicator……brake pads or brake linings…..hazzards or 4 way flashers…..🤷‍♂️

Figure 30+ years of mechanics, guess I’m used to people understanding

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Ok, I get it. Wrong technical terminology. The only difference is the ‘injection pump’ delivers the fuel in sequence to a specific injector AT HIGH PRESSURE. The supply pump delivers fuel to a rail that injectors are tethered to AT HIGH PRESSURE. It’s semantics. Say either one and I know what you’re talking about. Doesn’t matter if it’s a 12V Cummins with a P7100 INJECTION pump or a 6.7 with a Supply pump. Both deliver HIGH PRESSURE fuel to the injectors.

Turn signal or direction indicator……brake pads or brake linings…..hazzards or 4 way flashers…..🤷‍♂️

Figure 30+ years of mechanics, guess I’m used to people understanding

If you can not see a post between yours and mine, you could probably think a supply pump is an injection pump although they are two completely different components.

Figure 45+ years of mechanics, I expect people to call out components properly. It creates far less confusion and guessing.

"Turn signal or direction indicator……brake pads or brake linings…..hazzards or 4 way flashers" They are the same component be called different names.

High Pressure Fuel pump and Injection Pump, are two different components with two different names.

MikeandAdawn

Premium Member

Equipment
Mar 7, 2024
Williamstown, WV
Update: Installed high pressure pump and everything is good. Went ahead and disassembled the old pump and found the main spring was broken under the piston head. Looks like a valve spring off a car. Anyways, I went ahead and gave it a weight loss package and tune. All is good. Columbus Diesel sold the factory pump about $1000 less than the local shop. Not sure how or why.

• Love