BH92 buckets

Jay paul

Equipment
MX5400
Oct 27, 2023
SE alabama
Hello all. New member here. Bought an mx5400 Rops back in dec 2021. Finally got the BH92 delivered. Was supposed to have the 12” pin on bucket but came with a 24” pin on bucket. So now I need a 12” pin on bucket. Does anyone have a 12” pin on for sale? I believe the part number is BT3001. I located in SE alabama. As far as I know bxpanded doesn’t do anything for the BH92. Any other ideas? Would definitely prefer used if possible but would buy new if needed.

Attachments

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Hello all. New member here. Bought an mx5400 Rops back in dec 2021. Finally got the BH92 delivered. Was supposed to have the 12” pin on bucket but came with a 24” pin on bucket. So now I need a 12” pin on bucket. Does anyone have a 12” pin on for sale? I believe the part number is BT3001. I located in SE alabama. As far as I know bxpanded doesn’t do anything for the BH92. Any other ideas? Would definitely prefer used if possible but would buy new if needed.

If you have any significant amount of clay in your soil, you will quickly learn to hate a 12" bucket.

Reactions: 1 users

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Actually I have nothing but extremely cohesive clay soil. Why is the 12” bad for clay? Does it get packed in and doesn’t clean out?
Exactly! I have 2 buckets that I use. An 18” tooth and a 16” flat face.If you can find a 16”, remove the teeth and bosses if you want it FF. Have you worked the 24” yet? That’s a big bucket on a BH92 (IMO).

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Actually I have nothing but extremely cohesive clay soil. Why is the 12” bad for clay? Does it get packed in and doesn’t clean out?
Just take it off in layers and it wont pack the bucket. Go for a big bucketful by curling the bucket into the ground and it'll pack. I've seen goofs do that 100 times...ignorance is bliss.

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
You done broke da code!
If you have "extremely cohesive clay", you will have a dumping issue with any bucket, but the smaller the bucket the worse the issue.
You can dig in clay with a 12" bucket.......if the clay is very dry, ......and/or if you have a helper standing by with a shovel, to clean the bucket.

Buckets all have the same side plate surface area.
Surface adhesion is the issue.
Small buckets have the same surface area, but less soil weight to break the adhesion.
Sandy soil is OK.
Clay soil can be a giant PITA!

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Exactly! I have 2 buckets that I use. An 18” tooth and a 16” flat face.If you can find a 16”, remove the teeth and bosses if you want it FF. Have you worked the 24” yet? That’s a big bucket on a BH92 (IMO).
It is possible to create a "multi use" bucket from some factory toothed buckets.

The 16" quick connect bucket for my L48 (K7873A) comes from Kubota with 3 teeth.
I already have a new 16" bucket.
I bought a piece of hardened cutting edge on E-Bay.
I will cut a 17-1/4" piece of the cutting edge, and have it welded across/to the (flat inner face) of the 2 outer teeth.
Thus, I will have a smooth digging/grading edge.

To revert to toothed edge, I merely will need to drive the pins out of the two outer teeth, and take off the cutting edge, welded (as an assembly) to those two outer teeth, and then pin on two spare teeth as replacements, when a toothed bucket is desired.
I do not see the need to weld the cutting edge to the center tooth, though I may change my mind on that.
If so, I will instead, need to use 3 spare teeth.

This edge type can then be reversed as often as necessary.

Two configurations from just one bucket!
Extra buckets are VERY expensive!

Last edited:

Jay paul

Equipment
MX5400
Oct 27, 2023
SE alabama
Thanks for the reply’s from everyone. I have used the 24” for a 134’ sewer line. It was over kill but all I had. The clay is very hard when dry and it was very dry. It digs in it but not bucket fulls. You must scrape at it to break it up before getting a full scoop. I had previously rented a 26g mini ex for other trenches while waiting on my BH92 and the 26g digs just about the same as the BB92. You must scrape at it to get a full bucket when it’s dry

Attachments

Jay paul

Equipment
MX5400
Oct 27, 2023
SE alabama
It is possible to make a "multi use" bucket from some factory bucket tooth configurations.

The 16" bucket for my L48 (K7873A) comes from Kubota with 3 teeth.
I already have the 16" bucket.
I bought a piece of hardened cutting edge on E-Bay.
I will cut a 17-1/4" piece of the cutting edge, and have it welded to the outer teeth.
Thus, I will have a smooth edge.

To revert to toothed edge, I merely will need to drive the pins out of the two outer teeth, and take off the cutting edge welded to those two teeth, then will use two spare teeth as replacements.
I do not see the need to weld all 3 teeth, though I may change my mind on that.
If so, I will need to use 3 spare teeth.

This edge can then be reversed as often as necessary.

Two configurations from just one bucket!
I have the mini-ex bucket "quick connect" system.
If I had the QA set up getting a bucket would be much easier for sure. I was cash poor when I bought the machine after all the attachments I had already got. Had to cut some stuff some where and the hydraulic thumb and QA were some of them. I am sure many of you have spent much more than i but I was about $66k after I cut some options off.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
If I had the QA set up getting a bucket would be much easier for sure. I was cash poor when I bought the machine after all the attachments I had already got. Had to cut some stuff some where and the hydraulic thumb and QA were some of them. I am sure many of you have spent much more than i but I was about $66k after I cut some options off.
Actually I spent less than half of $66K.
$32K in 2019, for a 2006 L48 TLB with 251 original owner hours,... and every possible gadget on it.
It was a lucky find, and I did not need it, but just could not pass it up.
I had a Ford 3400 TLB (cemetery hoe) for the previous 33 years.

At 83, I have never owned a new tractor.
Last month, bought (shopped for) a 2021 M62 with 295 hours for a friend (he paid).
Fantastic machine,..... but $63.5K
New one as optioned, would have been $93K

Last edited:

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
Just take it off in layers and it wont pack the bucket. Go for a big bucketful by curling the bucket into the ground and it'll pack. I've seen goofs do that 100 times...ignorance is bliss.
Technique with different soil conditions, moisture, time of year and bucket use can’t be overstated. Better to bring up 3/4 bucket and dump clean than a full packed bucket and only be able dump less than half out. Different operators can have very different outcomes with the same equipment and ground. Blisters from shovels can be inspiring teachers.

The frustration of trying to find backhoe pin-on buckets for the bt1200 lead me to change to Kubota mini X quick attach system. Now buckets, ripper and many attachments are easy and cheaper to source. Stupid easy and fast to change buckets now.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Technique with different soil conditions, moisture, time of year and bucket use can’t be overstated. Better to bring up 3/4 bucket and dump clean than a full packed bucket and only be able dump less than half out. Different operators can have very different outcomes with the same equipment and ground. Blisters from shovels can be inspiring teachers.

The frustration of trying to find backhoe pin-on buckets for the bt1200 lead me to change to Kubota mini X quick attach system. Now buckets, ripper and many attachments are easy and cheaper to source. Stupid easy and fast to change buckets now.
Was/is the quick attach coupler (K7770 ?) not originally available as an accessory for your BT1200?

Last edited:

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Not knowing if other buckets fit, I've been watching for a used 16" for my BX23S since August this year. The used market is pretty slim in my area.

Smokeydog

Equipment
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
Was/is the quick attach coupler (K7770 ?) not originally available as an accessory for your BT1200?
Not sure if it’s the exact same as the Kubota part. Made by USA Attachments for the M59 to use KX excavator quick hitch attachments. Had to slightly modify the pin-on thumb to play together. Best attachment change ever.

So impressed made an adapter to use KX excavator attachments like the ripper on the B26. Could be adapted to any backhoe.
IMG_2693.jpeg
IMG_2697.jpeg

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Not sure if it’s the exact same as the Kubota part. Made by USA Attachments for the M59 to use KX excavator quick hitch attachments. Had to slightly modify the pin-on thumb to play together. Best attachment change ever.

So impressed made an adapter to use KX excavator attachments like the ripper on the B26. Could be adapted to any backhoe.
View attachment 114845 View attachment 114846

Picture is of your adaptation for the B26?

Just helped a friend find and buy a 2021 M62.
I insisted that we find him a machine with the quick connect coupler.
My friend is "over the moon" with his M62!

Last edited:

Smokeydog

Equipment
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
Picture is of your adaptation for the B26?

Just helped a friend find and buy a 2021 M62.
I insisted that we find him a machine with the quick connect coupler.
My friend is "over the moon" with his M62!
Yes. A simple adapter could be made for any backhoe to use KX mini excavator attachments. Same quick attachment for several models with plenty of new and used stuff available.

M62 is nice. Like my pre tier 4 M59. All the TLBs are powerful and easy to operate. All need special mods and equipment to make them better.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I am surprised that no one mentioned it, but getting into a trench can cost you your life if one of the sides caves in. I know that a lot of this is determined by the type of soil you are working with. I just want to warn others who might not realize that you are working in a clay trench which is quite different than working in a sand trench. The standard rule of thumb is to stay out of narrow trenches if there is even a remote possibility of a cave-in.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Yes. A simple adapter could be made for any backhoe to use KX mini excavator attachments. Same quick attachment for several models with plenty of new and used stuff available.

M62 is nice. Like my pre tier 4 M59. All the TLBs are powerful and easy to operate. All need special mods and equipment to make them better.
I like my pre tier 4 2006 L48 also.
I bought it because it is pre tier 4

Unfortunately pre tier4 was not an option for my friend, when buying a 2021 M62

Last edited: