BX2380 PTO disengaged and won’t re-engage

ram4x4

Feb 27, 2010
Irwin
Thanks. Yes I’m sure the dealer cost would have been high. It’s nice to be able to work on these machines yourself.

Reactions: 1 user

FloridaOrange

Equipment
BX23S
Apr 28, 2021
USA
Unbelievable. I had same problem with my 2019 BX23S. Thank the Lord I was able to find the solution via OTT community. The biggest hassle was notching the frame. Once accomplished, pulling the valve was no trouble. Cleaning the tiny port was a challenge. Silicone packs pretty tight apparently under that kind of pressure. I actually found 2 separate pieces. ( see photo). Hopefully that was all of it. I will reassemble and test it out tonight, but am confident progress has been made.
what a dumb and potentially costly problem to have.
image.jpg

Soopitup

Equipment
BX23S
Oct 25, 2018
New England
Well WTF.
This shouldn't be a common problem on these. That's shoddy assembly. Not what I was expecting from Kubota.

ram4x4

Feb 27, 2010
Irwin
Unbelievable. I had same problem with my 2019 BX23S. Thank the Lord I was able to find the solution via OTT community. The biggest hassle was notching the frame. Once accomplished, pulling the valve was no trouble. Cleaning the tiny port was a challenge. Silicone packs pretty tight apparently under that kind of pressure. I actually found 2 separate pieces. ( see photo). Hopefully that was all of it. I will reassemble and test it out tonight, but am confident progress has been made.
what a dumb and potentially costly problem to have.
The pieces I pulled out were very similar to what you show. Try to only reassemble the minimum to test it out as I had more silicone that immediately reclogged the port. Good luck!