MX 6000 safety switch

NHwoods

Equipment
MX6000, BH 92 backhoe, Farmi winch, JD Flail Mower, Woods rotary mower,
Oct 12, 2022
New Hampshire
After 17 years with my L3240 i have upgraded to an MX6000. The extra (double) horsepower really shines when mowing, etc. The problem is that the seat safety switch on the 3240 was disabled long ago so i could stand while using the forks, etc. The seat switch on the MX6000 is a different kind of 2 wire switch and the dealer said "don't touch it" or it will cause problems. I assume that's their expected replay for liability reasons. This switch which fits into a hole on the bottom of the seat seems to do both the pressure down on the seat, and the tip up the seat when using the PTO? Anyone have direction on how to disable the seat switch?

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
After 17 years with my L3240 i have upgraded to an MX6000. The extra (double) horsepower really shines when mowing, etc. The problem is that the seat safety switch on the 3240 was disabled long ago so i could stand while using the forks, etc. The seat switch on the MX6000 is a different kind of 2 wire switch and the dealer said "don't touch it" or it will cause problems. I assume that's their expected replay for liability reasons. This switch which fits into a hole on the bottom of the seat seems to do both the pressure down on the seat, and the tip up the seat when using the PTO? Anyone have direction on how to disable the seat switch?
No idea how to disable, but if you engage the parking brake while stopped you can stand up without tripping the safety switch.

NHwoods

Equipment
MX6000, BH 92 backhoe, Farmi winch, JD Flail Mower, Woods rotary mower,
Oct 12, 2022
New Hampshire
No idea how to disable, but if you engage the parking brake while stopped you can stand up without tripping the safety switch.
Thanks. I guess my bigger problem is standing up and easing the tractor forward while using the forks or the bucket, so something that allows me to move the machine while standing up.

Heehaw

Equipment
MX5400hst Kubota Z726X
Oct 4, 2022
Michigan
I have a MX5400 and would like to modify the seat switch also. I’m not sure if what was done in the below thread would work on the MX series or exactly how the op wired in the switch but it sure looks slick.
Try to copy the link below into your search engine or use this to look up using the search at the top right of page.
(Sorry not up to speed on some of this stuff)
tiny mod: seat switch defeat