Kubota RTV-XG850 throttle issue

Bryanb

Equipment
Kubota RVT-XG 850 sidekick
Jun 23, 2023
Southampton
Has anyone installed the K7811-42380 throttle pedal bracket from Kubota on the 850 sidekick .I have a 2022 and the throttle is so sensitive I was at the dealer today and the bracket is designed to postion your foot better at the pedal I wondered if anyone has installed the bracket and if so has it helped with the sensitivety of the throttle. I also heard of replacing the spring at the throttle pedal with a heavier spring.
Thxs
Bryan

FTG-05

Equipment
L4330 w/FEL, RTV-XG850 and ZD326S
Jul 21, 2013
TN
I have mine in at the dealer for a separate issue and one of the things I mentioned was the twitchy pedal issue. I had already installed the $8 barn door hinge mod; but it's still waaaaay too sensitive, especially when in reverse.

It will be interesting to see what they do about it.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Yeah I put a few of those brackets on. They don't do much for making it less "twitchy". You can bend the throttle pedal a little and it helps. It's a really dumb design, IMO. Some manufacturers use an electronic throttle valve (ETV) for this very reason. They can be controlled differently such that the engine is much more controllable.

Equipment
B2650, 2023 sidekick
Apr 27, 2024
Has anyone installed the K7811-42380 throttle pedal bracket from Kubota on the 850 sidekick .I have a 2022 and the throttle is so sensitive I was at the dealer today and the bracket is designed to postion your foot better at the pedal I wondered if anyone has installed the bracket and if so has it helped with the sensitivety of the throttle. I also heard of replacing the spring at the throttle pedal with a heavier spring.
Thxs
Bryan
My brother has a 2022 850 and I have a 2023 850. YES the throttle position is awful, but with much experimenting we have come up with a very good solution. Cut a 2x4 as long as you want, mine is about 4" long. Cut it diagonally to create a wedge. I cut mine at a little steeper than corner to corner. Then sand a rounded top edge of the 2x4. Velcro this to the floor where it is most comfortable for you. Then I use a 1x4 with a notch cut out for the throttle pedal to go to the stop. Cut this as long as needed to support the wedge from tipping. This is only to keep the wedge from tipping. This setup not only fixes the jumpy 2022 and supposedly earlier models throttle but also makes it very easy to control your speed.
You can keep your foot firmly planted on the floor and slide your foot forward for faster speed and back for slower speeds.

Equipment
B2650, 2023 sidekick
Apr 27, 2024
I have mine in at the dealer for a separate issue and one of the things I mentioned was the twitchy pedal issue. I had already installed the $8 barn door hinge mod; but it's still waaaaay too sensitive, especially when in reverse.

It will be interesting to see what they do about it.

Equipment
B2650, 2023 sidekick
Apr 27, 2024
My brother and I have come up with a very good and simple fix. Cut a 2x4 at a angle a little steeper than corner to corner, round off the top edge and Velcro ( from hobby lobby) it to the floor. I use a 1x4 to from the wedge to the plastic front to support the wedge from tipping. almost like cruise control. Slide your foot forward for higher speed and back for slower cruising speed. My brother has the very sensitive throttle and this fixed it!!

Reactions: 1 user

FTG-05

Equipment
L4330 w/FEL, RTV-XG850 and ZD326S
Jul 21, 2013
TN
My brother and I have come up with a very good and simple fix. Cut a 2x4 at a angle a little steeper than corner to corner, round off the top edge and Velcro ( from hobby lobby) it to the floor. I use a 1x4 to from the wedge to the plastic front to support the wedge from tipping. almost like cruise control. Slide your foot forward for higher speed and back for slower cruising speed. My brother has the very sensitive throttle and this fixed it!!
Need pics of this mod.