BX25DLB Fuel issues

gejettest

Equipment
Kubota BX25DLB
Mar 9, 2023
Texas
Howdy, Bought this tractor a few months ago and starting to find a whole bunch wrong with it.
First of all, I have the clogged fuel supply issue. I pulled the tank and sure enough, my fuel sending unit is rusted to the max. No worries, I read about either replacing it or coating it in epoxy. Or gut it and use the cover plate as a cap.
Next issue, is the 90 deg barbed fittings for the fuel line. Cannot get the part number from the Illustrated Parts Catalog, IPC. Even called the dealer, no dice. This is some crazy stuff here.
No worries, I'll clean them and epoxy them, fuel-proof them.
What else can I do?
TIA

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Keep the fuel tank full to prevent future issues. The local auto parts store might have the barbed fitting, look in the Dorman fuel line repair kit for plastic fuel lines. I went thru this for a metal Kawasaki Mule 2500 UTV fuel tank(metal that was rusty) and no way I was spending the $1300 for just the fuel tank. Is the fuel sending unit a fuel level sender or a fuel pickup/fuel pump? I used this many times in the past and have great results.

gejettest

Equipment
Kubota BX25DLB
Mar 9, 2023
Texas
Thank you, yes, it is just a level sender. Pump is downstream, replaced that too. Crazy what the dealer wants for theirs. Ebay was my alternative.
Will do about the auto parts stores for the fittings.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Thank you, yes, it is just a level sender. Pump is downstream, replaced that too. Crazy what the dealer wants for theirs. Ebay was my alternative.
Will do about the auto parts stores for the fittings.
The fuel level gauge on my BX 2200 never worked right from day one. It’s actually totally useless, so what I would do is just not worry about having an indication, and just keep an eye on fuel level and keep it topped off after use.

I believe the BX tractors are all self bleeding if you run out of fuel, so worst case is you walk back to the barn for your fuel can. No need to go through the hassle of bleeding the system manually.

Reactions: 1 users

gejettest

Equipment
Kubota BX25DLB
Mar 9, 2023
Texas
The fuel level gauge on my BX 2200 never worked right from day one. It’s actually totally useless, so what I would do is just not worry about having an indication, and just keep an eye on fuel level and keep it topped off after use.

I believe the BX tractors are all self bleeding if you run out of fuel, so worst case is you walk back to the barn for your fuel can. No need to go through the hassle of bleeding the system manually.

gejettest

Equipment
Kubota BX25DLB
Mar 9, 2023
Texas
Yes, I did a serial # search of my tractor, it wasa Home Depot Rental.
Could be why some things are the way they are.
As far as quality of parts and materials, I'm 50/50. Some are good, others, I can't believe the Japanese could stoop so low.
Specifically the fuel system components.
The fuel gauge, barb fittings, see pics.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
As far as quality of parts and materials, I'm 50/50. Some are good, others, I can't believe the Japanese could stoop so low.
All of that damage is caused by water in the fuel!

Reactions: 3 users

jbridgestx

Equipment
Kubota BX25DLB
Jun 22, 2023
Keller Texas

Have same problem, I was buying nearly $4 a gallon diesel that came with its own water added. So now last 1/2 gallon of each 5 gallon fuel can, goes into 1/2 gallon clear mason jar first. Where I can see if it had any water. Can't blame Kubota, will simply never buy fuel from Race Track station again. And always check for water. Far easier than having to replace both filters all the time.

Attachments

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Have same problem, I was buying nearly $4 a gallon diesel that came with its own water added. So now last 1/2 gallon of each 5 gallon fuel can, goes into 1/2 gallon clear mason jar first. Where I can see if it had any water. Can't blame Kubota, will simply never buy fuel from Race Track station again. And always check for water. Far easier than having to replace both filters all the time.
Try and come up with a small reservoir where the fuel passes thru a Golden Rod fuel/water separator before going into your tractor.
I have used one for decades and never have water appear in my tractor's water separator.
Watch this video:
Golden

You could pump the fuel thru the goldenrod or let it flow by gavity. Get creative and use A Funnel to fed the Golden

Dave

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

jbridgestx

Equipment
Kubota BX25DLB
Jun 22, 2023
Keller Texas
Try and come up with a small reservoir where the fuel passes thru a Golden Rod fuel/water separator before going into your tractor.
I have used one for decades and never have water appear in my tractor's water separator.
Watch this video:
Golden

You could pump the fuel thru the goldenrod or let it flow by gavity. Get creative and use A Funnel to fed the Golden

Dave
It was foolish for me to shop and buy cheapest diesel. Over my 66 years, I knew better. Find "A" fair source and STAY with it. Then when, not if, you have fuel problems, you know where the problem came from. Instead of it biting your back side, trying to figure out where problem came from.

jbridgestx

Equipment
Kubota BX25DLB
Jun 22, 2023
Keller Texas
Very safe to assume, that when I found 3/4" of water in twice used and well sealed 5 gallon gas can, 30 minutes after buying, in the mid summer of North Central Texas, with hardly any remembrance of last rain fall. None of my screaming and yelling was G rated!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Is there any source for BX25DLB metal fuel tank 90º fittings?
Mine aren’t as bad as gehettest’s, but close.
Kubota does not offer the fittings or rubber bushing separately, but they are the same as those used by Scag, Wright Stander, and Toro/Exmark mowers in their hydraulic and fuel tanks. They can be purchased separately from them.