L35 front axle needed!

Cambo

May 25, 2020
100 Mile House
I am pretty sure there is no point in even opening the axle up as the previous owner beat the crap out of this machine. I am not wealthy and really need my machine so looking at options, can I swap axle from a different model Kubota? I pulled the front drive with the hopes that it would simply be a coupler but they are in good shape. With the front in the air I can hold the input shaft and spin the front tires but there aren't any odd noises when i do that so this has me confused....

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
I’d say no odd noises is a good thing. Why do you think you need to replace the whole axle?

If it’s damaged and you have more time than money, it probably worth your while to at least figure out what it’d take to repair it.

You can always revert to Plan B and replace the whole axle, which is probably the most expensive option available. Short of buying a new axle from the dealer and having them install it.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yea, parts are a lot cheaper than the whole assembly!
The front axle is for the L35 only it does not cross to other models.

With the front in the air when you turn one wheel does the other turn the opposite direction?
If it does then ring and pinion would be a good guess.
If it doesn't, there are multiple gears that will do that.

Cambo

May 25, 2020
100 Mile House
Thanks for the replies, sorry my my slow response.
I will lift the front end again and see what happens when spinning the tires but I do believe the tire spins opposite so at least the ring and pinion isnt broken but I suspect the outer parts at the hub are worn out. I will probably just have to commit and remove things....