2019 B26 with BT820 backhoe.

Kurt Shaul

Equipment
B26 loader backhoe, 820 backhoe
Dec 24, 2022
Kelseyville Ca
I’m looking for help in locating different size buckets, 6”.. 8” … 12” for my BT820 backhoe. Of special need would be a ripper attachment. I had tried to order from BXpanded but theirs will not fit. As for buckets, I have scoured the internet without luck.
I bought my tractor with the 16” bucket and need to do some trenching for 6 to 8 inch pipe. Any help is appreciated.

thanks

Kurt

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Messisks show 12,18,24" ..'call for pricing'......
2 type pin on or quick attach ! which style do you need ?

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
I am surprised BXpanded would not build one to your pin spacing.. it seems most attachment builders will but they might be too busy or just concerned that their ripper wouldn't stand up to a b26.

I have a ripper from Northern Tool which is basically a 1/2" plate cut to a shape, but with no tooth/hook pattern on it at all. You might go thicker since you have a larger machine, but in terms of design it doesn't need to have much design to it to work.. just narrow so it can stab through the ground well. The pin brackets are a lot more complicated than the 'tooth'. Hopefully you won't have too much trouble finding someone who can sell you one, whether 'mass' produced or custom built.

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
12”,16”and 24” is all OEM offers.
Ear blanks for quick attach are available from Kubota $240. They can be welded to any attachment.
Couldn’t get BXPanded make a ripper for me either.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
12”,16”and 24” is all OEM offers.
Ear blanks for quick attach are available from Kubota $240. They can be welded to any attachment.
Couldn’t get BXPanded make a ripper for me either.
The OP can buy Q/A "ear blanks" on E-Bay for a lot less that $240.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I’m looking for help in locating different size buckets, 6”.. 8” … 12” for my BT820 backhoe. Of special need would be a ripper attachment. I had tried to order from BXpanded but theirs will not fit. As for buckets, I have scoured the internet without luck.
I bought my tractor with the 16” bucket and need to do some trenching for 6 to 8 inch pipe. Any help is appreciated.

thanks

Kurt
Beware:
If you have soil containing ANY amount of clay, those narrow buckets will become totally clogged after just a very few bites.
IMHO, a 16" bucket is just perfect for the pipe size you are considering.

Last edited:

Smokeydog

Equipment
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
Buckets come up but they are pretty rare and only fit the B26.

The quick attach system is a miniature version of the mini Kubota excavator system. Very strong and easy to change.

Have yet to find aftermarket supplier of ears or buckets. I could use a ripper. If you find something, please share.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Buckets come up but they are pretty rare and only fit the B26.

The quick attach system is a miniature version of the mini Kubota excavator system. Very strong and easy to change.

Have yet to find aftermarket supplier of ears or buckets. I could use a ripper. If you find something, please share.
Just curious - what do these ears look like?

Dan

kenrevo

Equipment
B9200
Oct 28, 2019
MA
I couldn't find a place that made ears for the BT820 QA either. I had a local shop make ears for $150/pair and made my own ripper from a BXpanded ripper.

• Love

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
Given the strength of the hoe compared to my little tractor with the same 16" bucket, i would say focus on the ripper and skip the narrower buckets, for now anyway. No harm cutting a 16" hole if it isn't slowing you down much. The ripper will let you get through roots and pry up big rocks quite a bit faster. If you look at mine you can see it doesnt need to be complicated to work.

AB637676-920A-4E0B-BB10-16981CFD6DB7.jpeg
49910F6F-7D02-4398-860E-B5FE17974952.jpeg

Another thing im somewhat curious about.. BXpanded's ripper has '2 sides' or has features on both the front and the back. I have wondered how effective a single 'tooth' would be as a thumb, and right now im wondering if one couldn't make a thumb function so that the front was 'a thumb' and the back was more of a hook shaped ripper. It would be a bit odd in that you wouldn't be able to stab it down that far into a narrow hole because your bucket would still hit at some point, but that point would be ~22-24" on my machine and bigger on a bigger machine.. surely enough for most roots.. and if you could hook something with the backside of your 'thumb tooth' you could use multiple different hydraulic circuits to pull on it simultaneously.. hmm..

Smokeydog

Equipment
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
Something like that laser cut from AR500 (220 KSI) is not particularly expensive.

Dan
You would have some customers for ears, rippers and narrow trenching buckets.

The B26 is so useful on our farm for installing and maintaining buried utility lines. Can go around buildings where bigger backhoes can’t.

Kurt Shaul

Equipment
Dec 24, 2022
Kelseyville Ca
Given the strength of the hoe compared to my little tractor with the same 16" bucket, i would say focus on the ripper and skip the narrower buckets, for now anyway. No harm cutting a 16" hole if it isn't slowing you down much. The ripper will let you get through roots and pry up big rocks quite a bit faster. If you look at mine you can see it doesnt need to be complicated to work.

View attachment 94277
Another thing im somewhat curious about.. BXpanded's ripper has '2 sides' or has features on both the front and the back. I have wondered how effective a single 'tooth' would be as a thumb, and right now im wondering if one couldn't make a thumb function so that the front was 'a thumb' and the back was more of a hook shaped ripper. It would be a bit odd in that you wouldn't be able to stab it down that far into a narrow hole because your bucket would still hit at some point, but that point would be ~22-24" on my machine and bigger on a bigger machine.. surely enough for most roots.. and if you could hook something with the backside of your 'thumb tooth' you could use multiple different hydraulic circuits to pull on it simultaneously.. hmm..
A ripper is currently what I really need for my 820. Where did you get yours? I’ve scoured the internet with zero results. I found a couple of cheap Chinese imports on EBay, but materials are crap and feedback says they break easily.

Kurt Shaul

Equipment
Dec 24, 2022
Kelseyville Ca
Beware:
If you have soil containing ANY amount of clay, those narrow buckets will become totally clogged after just a very few bites.
IMHO, a 16" bucket is just perfect for the pipe size you are considering.
Agree, my soul is mostly a volcanic sand mixed with a red clay. Smaller buckets used in the past with my previous Case empty without clogging.

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
A ripper is currently what I really need for my 820. Where did you get yours? I’ve scoured the internet with zero results. I found a couple of cheap Chinese imports on EBay, but materials are crap and feedback says they break easily.
Would you believe.. Northern Tool? They sell it as an attachment for their little $3500 towable hoe, which i learned had the same pin spacing as my backhoe, as well as at least some (maybe all?) BX hoes which means it will work on those too. I havent checked back in a while but i bought mine for $159.

My backhoe is not all that strong but i cant damage the ripper so im perfectly happy with it, ESPECIALLY for frickin $159! Ship to store, didnt even pay shipping. 🙂