SVL95-2S Fuel Tank Clean Out

Friscokid320

Equipment
2017 SVL95-2SC
Nov 11, 2022
Texas
Any SVL95-2S owners done a fuel tank clean out yourself? I have been throwing a E:9302 code with the RED Triangle Exclamation Sign and the machine goes into limp mode. I looked at some of the threads here and performed the maintenance items recommended. Those were new fuel filter, removed and cleaned out the Water Separator and drained fuel from the inlet tubing prior to the Separator. Fuel was clean with no trash. Put everything back together and purged the fuel system. I have never done a tank flush. I buy my fuel from a reputable supplier. I just recently began adding an algaecide treatment when purchasing a load of fuel since the fuel may sit for a month or two. I completed all of these tasks and I'm still getting E:9302 and the machine is now shutting down. Local dealer quoted 10 hours for the job at a shop rate of $110/hr. I can do the clean out myself but does anyone have a break down of the procedures? Or should I just wing it? As a side note, on a job I was working, the fuel cap came off. Had to buy another. This is the second time I have lost that cap. Price $107 at the dealer. So I'm sure there is some trash in the tank.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
The quoted 10 hours should give you a hint. The last time I refuelled an SVL95 the tank seemed to be located under the boom somewhere. If you have to tear the machine apart just to get at the tank you might think 10 hours at $110/hr isn't too bad.

Get the WSM and see what's involved. If this machine is a money maker you will be losing money spending 15-20 hours playing mechanic. See if the dealer will give you a loaner if they do the job for you. That way you are still earning money to pay for the repairs.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
yes, I agree...if the machine is run as a business,get the dealer to do it, cost of doing business and it's an expense,can be 'written off'.
If for personal use.... do it yourself. WSm or just look at the online parts diagrams for 'hints'.
Be SURE to disconnect battery first....

I did my BX23S 3 years ago, having 2 extra hands would have been nice.....NOT a hard job really,just took my time.

re: fuel cap. See about adding a chain to it or 'something' to not lose it . All the small 'import' gas engines have an internal chain to not lose the cap. Heck, even if you use a 'tyrap' and have to cut it off to refill. A bag of 500 tyraps is a LOT cheaper than another fuel cap !

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
everything on the SVL95 is a pain to work on.

10 hours is not out of the question. not at all

I did not personally do any--coworker handled them and most of the excavators I did all the tractors and all of the RTV's and other powersports brands that they had. But I remember him pulling a couple tanks to get the junk out of them. Not a fun job as I remember but again, nothing is "fun" on an SVL or SSV

As said if it's a business deal, pay someone else to do it if possible.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
First, to get the unit to keep running, remove the clear bowl from the water separator, remove the inlet hose to the separator from the 90-degree barb and remove the mounting bolt from the separator head so you can invert it. Using compressed air, blow through the hole that is located beneath the shut-off valve to clear the debris which is obstructing your fuel supply. Reassemble the separator, turn the key switch to the ON position and let the lift pump bleed the system for 30 seconds. Start the engine and see that it now stays running. The E:9302 should be gone from the hour meter also.

There is a TSB-2022-038 for your SVL that needs to be installed which expires 01/06/2023 and is at no cost to the owner. It upgrades the fuel filter system and adds a filter rather than a strainer to the water separator. When the Kit is being installed, the screen in the electric lift pump also should be cleaned.

Always use the Kubota branded fuel filters on a common rail fuel system as most of the after-market filters are not 5 microns as required by Bosch and Delphi. Most are 10 to 20 microns which can seize Bosch and Delphy fuel injectors.
TSB-2022-038-SA: SVL-Series; Enhanced Fuel Filtration Kit SVL75-2, SVL95-2 (kit: V0631-99402 for SVL95-2)
As for removing the fuel tank to clean it, tip the operator's cabin and remove the floor mat and plates, the back plate which your hydraulic sight gauge window is in, and the foot throttle assembly. Remove the rear 3 cleanout plates and the center plate from under the frame as you will need to wash the dirt from around the fuel tank. If you are like most people, you do not keep the area washed out and the tank is silted in. Next, you need to pump or drain the fuel from the tank, remove the two tie-down straps on the tank, remove the fuel fill hose and tube, unplug the fuel level sender and remove the fuel return hose from the top of the tank. There are two hoses running from the bottom of the tank to the rear of the machine ( fuel to the water separator and water from the bottom of the tank drain) that can be removed through the center clean-out opening under the frame.
TIP: you may want to park the machine on 4x4s if you have trouble getting underneath it.
The tank can now be removed by lifting up the front end of it and pulling it out of the SVL frame.

Once the tank is cleaned out, finish cleaning out the area where the tank sets and it will drop back into place. Just reconnect everything and refill it. The filter supply and the drain hoses on the bottom of the tank have specific nipples that are labeled so watch which you install where.

I have removed and cleaned several tanks with the entire job taking less than 4 hours. The washing out of the frame is done for me.

Reactions: 2 users

Friscokid320

Equipment
2017 SVL95-2SC
Nov 11, 2022
Texas
Whitetiger,

Thanks for the input. Since the machine is stuck in the field, I'll have to accept that situation and get busy. Good to know about the TSB. I'll get with the dealer and see what they come up with. Good info! Thanks again.

Friscokid320

Friscokid320

Equipment
2017 SVL95-2SC
Nov 11, 2022
Texas
Whitetiger,

Also, I keep my machine very clean in the internal engine area as I run a FAE mulcher. Fire scares the you know what out of me.

Friscokid320

Friscokid320

Equipment
2017 SVL95-2SC
Nov 11, 2022
Texas
Whitetiger,

Thank you for the input. I did as you recommended. Approximately 4 hours for the tank clean out. Since I'm a little older than most (and a lot bigger), it took 3 days to get it done between rains. I would agree, this was not rocket science. The tear down was as you stated. Got the tank out and took it the the local car wash. Cleaned out I rinsed it with a diesel tank cleaner (Available at most auto parts places). Re-assembled and running as should. No code thrown again.

Talked to the local Kubota Dealer. TSB will be taken care of next week. Part is already in the bin. Again, thanks for the boards for all the great input. This board save me at least $1000 if not more. And the job I was working on got completed with a very satisfied customer.

Happy and Safe Holidays,
Friscokid (Bill)

Reactions: 1 user

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Whitetiger,

Thank you for the input. I did as you recommended. Approximately 4 hours for the tank clean out. Since I'm a little older than most (and a lot bigger), it took 3 days to get it done between rains. I would agree, this was not rocket science. The tear down was as you stated. Got the tank out and took it the the local car wash. Cleaned out I rinsed it with a diesel tank cleaner (Available at most auto parts places). Re-assembled and running as should. No code thrown again.

Talked to the local Kubota Dealer. TSB will be taken care of next week. Part is already in the bin. Again, thanks for the boards for all the great input. This board save me at least $1000 if not more. And the job I was working on got completed with a very satisfied customer.

Happy and Safe Holidays,
Friscokid (Bill)
I am glad it worked out for you and all is well again!!