Kubota l345 no. Hydraulic pressure on 3-point hitch no front end loader on this tractor

jvarner111380

Equipment
Kubota l,345
Oct 29, 2022
Mississippi
I have a Kubota l345 tractor with no front end loader and have an issue with no hydraulics on three-point hitch. I had lost all hydraulic fluid from rubber line Coming off below the pump. I repaired the line and refilled. The tractor was hydraulic transmission fluid and now have no hydraulics at all on three-point hitch

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
If you ran completely out of fluid it is possible you'll have to prime the pump before it can pump again. You may also have a leak on the suction side or a clogged screen or filter.

Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I have a Kubota l345 tractor with no front end loader and have an issue with no hydraulics on three-point hitch. I had lost all hydraulic fluid from rubber line Coming off below the pump. I repaired the line and refilled. The tractor was hydraulic transmission fluid and now have no hydraulics at all on three-point hitch
First you check for flow from the pump. Unfortunately there is no convenient way to do that on that tractor. You could loosen but do not remove the hard line that supplies oil to the three point in the rear. Put the 3pt controls full dow, start the tractor and be prepared to shut it off quickly. If it makes a hydraulic mess at the loose connection you have flow. If not the pump is either filed to prime and/or defective from being starved of oil.

If you do have flow the next step is a pressure test of the pump which is much harder to do. I suggest you down load a copy of the WSM from kubotabooks.com and read through the sections on testing the hydraulic system.

Dan

jvarner111380

Equipment
Kubota l,345
Oct 29, 2022
Mississippi
First you check for flow from the pump. Unfortunately there is no convenient way to do that on that tractor. You could loosen but do not remove the hard line that supplies oil to the three point in the rear. Put the 3pt controls full dow, start the tractor and be prepared to shut it off quickly. If it makes a hydraulic mess at the loose connection you have flow. If not the pump is either filed to prime and/or defective from being starved of oil.

If you do have flow the next step is a pressure test of the pump which is much harder to do. I suggest you down load a copy of the WSM from kubotabooks.com and read through the sections on testing the hydraulic system.

Dan
Thanks I will do this tomorrow and let you know

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
How do re prime the pump. I figured I have air in the line
These are not submerged inlet designs and there is always air in the suction line. Gear pumps are basically self priming from the residual oil film in the pump. It does not take much. When they don't prime its usually because they are worn out and can't pull enough vacuum to raise the oil from the sump or there is a vacuum leak in the supply line.

If you are sure the supply line is air tight you can remove the pressure connection at the top of the pump and pour a little UDT in. Replace the pipe and start it up.

Dan

jvarner111380

Equipment
Kubota l,345
Oct 29, 2022
Mississippi
These are not submerged inlet designs and there is always air in the suction line. Gear pumps are basically self priming from the residual oil film in the pump. It does not take much. When they don't prime its usually because they are worn out and can't pull enough vacuum to raise the oil from the sump or there is a vacuum leak in the supply line.

If you are sure the supply line is air tight you can remove the pressure connection at the top of the pump and pour a little UDT in. Replace the pipe and start it up.

Dan
Where the pipe is coming out of whatever that cylinder is it did bend a little when the hose below was pulled off. That cylinder caught a stump when I backed up and hose separated.. I guess it is possible that when that bent it could have caused a hairline crack where they meet.

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Where the pipe is coming out of whatever that cylinder is it did bend a little when the hose below was pulled off. That cylinder caught a stump when I backed up and hose separated.. I guess it is possible that when that bent it could have caused a hairline crack where they meet.
That canister contains the oil strainer. It looks like the top may be bent. I'd still start by checking to see if the pump is producing flow. If not then I'd turn my attention to the pickup side. You could try replacing that hose with some clear tube to get a visual on the flow.

1667084212974.png

Dan

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
There is a filter of some sort in that canister. I suggest you take the filter out of the canister and see what condition it is in. I guess I would do that after you get it working again unless that doesn’t happen by priming the pump.

The line out of the top is the inlet pipe to the pump that @TheOldHokie describes above. That would be my first thing to try (prime the pump). I assume you were running the tractor for some time until you noticed that it was not working. That may have damaged the pump but I am hopeful that the pump is just really dry and can’t draw enough fluid into it to get itself primed thoroughly through the filter.

Since you are unaware that is the filter I assume it may be pretty dirty. The illustrated parts list above looks like it is a screen that can be cleaned but I assume it will drain the whole transmission of fluid if you take it out.

jvarner111380

Equipment
Kubota l,345
Oct 29, 2022
Mississippi
There is a filter of some sort in that canister. I suggest you take the filter out of the canister and see what condition it is in. I guess I would do that after you get it working again unless that doesn’t happen by priming the pump.

The line out of the top is the inlet pipe to the pump that @TheOldHokie describes above. That would be my first thing to try (prime the pump). I assume you were running the tractor for some time until you noticed that it was not working. That may have damaged the pump but I am hopeful that the pump is just really dry and can’t draw enough fluid into it to get itself primed thoroughly through the filter.

Since you are unaware that is the filter I assume it may be pretty dirty. The illustrated parts list above looks like it is a screen that can be cleaned but I assume it will drain the whole transmission of fluid if you take it out.

jvarner111380

Equipment
Kubota l,345
Oct 29, 2022
Mississippi
Okay, I did break the suction side from the top of the pump. Poured a little bit of fluid in there. Was slow taking it that started it back up then did not make a difference. Still three-point did not move. I then remove the pressure side below the seat to see if I had any flow and I did. I barely broke the seal and fluid was seeping out what should be my next step

jvarner111380

Equipment
Kubota l,345
Oct 29, 2022
Mississippi
Okay, I did break the suction side from the top of the pump. Poured a little bit of fluid in there. Was slow taking it that started it back up then did not make a difference. Still three-point did not move. I then remove the pressure side below the seat to see if I had any flow and I did. I barely broke the seal and fluid was seeping out what should be my next step
Ok is this the line your talking about

Attachments

Russellfarms

Equipment
Kubota l345
Jul 11, 2024
Michigan
I know this is an old thread, i am new here. I am having the same issue with priming my l345 after a fluid/filter change. I have primed the pump and filled the filter housing best i can. I have fluid pressure as well. I will add that the hydraulic pump was recently rebuilt. Any help would be apreciated.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I know this is an old thread, i am new here. I am having the same issue with priming my l345 after a fluid/filter change. I have primed the pump and filled the filter housing best i can. I have fluid pressure as well. I will add that the hydraulic pump was recently rebuilt. Any help would be apreciated.
If you have pressure the pump is primed.

Help us out with a better explanation of how you have determined you have pressure and exactly what is not working.

Dan