2019 BX23S Drive Shaft Boots

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Yesterday I was helping a friend install his snow blower onto his BX23S, and I was underneath installing the driveshaft, and looked up at the drive shaft boots. The front boot was so deteriorated that it was actually torn in have, and the rear boot, had a crack in it along the molded seam. This tractor lives in a warm garage, year round, and has 35 hours on it. Makes one wonder about the quality of the parts that Kubota is sourcing in their manufacturing process. Those boots are not that expensive to purchase, but the time required to changing them is expensive. It will be headed to the dealership for its 50 hour service, and the dealer can replace them under warranty. I only mention this, so that others that own a BX23S that you might want to get under the tractor and check the drive shaft boots, and if they are bad, have them replaced by the dealer if your tractor is still in warranty.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I will tell you - those boots are not worth #$@#@#$#@@ !!!! Just like the tie rod boots - those are awful too.

Another member here and I measured those boots on a BX25D (I bet they are the same) and he went on a limb and had a company make a split boot!

He sent me a pair of those boots and the little bitty aluminum bolts and nuts to go with them.
I bet the bolts and nuts weighed ..... 3 grams total!

The boot fit perfectly. Somewhat of a PITA to get the little tiny nuts on the backside but it worked great. Hell he sent the screwdriver with the kits.

1608340486093.png

IT took longer to hold on to the bolt and nuts - (only dropped each one about a dozen times! )
than it did to complete the job

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Wowww, i`ve got 140hrs on my 2017 BX23s, mine are fine. Same thing with the tie-rod end boots, they`re fine. But i have heard of others with 2017 BX23s tractors, and they`ve had to have their dealers repair theirs.

Maybe i`m just lucky, so far 😊

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The boots on my 2004 BX22 are just starting to show their age. I replaced the boots on my driveshaft last summer when I replaced the fan with one broken blade. I broke that blade when the tractor was new, and just got around to last summer, when I took the cab off the tractor for some other work.

Reactions: 1 user

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
The boots on my 2004 BX22 are just starting to show their age. I replaced the boots on my driveshaft last summer when I replaced the fan with one broken blade. I broke that blade when the tractor was new, and just got around to last summer, when I took the cab off the tractor for some other work.
Seems odd to me... some are bad real quick, some are not having any problem at all.

ancient mariner

Equipment
bx23s
Sep 9, 2022
michigan
I will tell you - those boots are not worth #$@#@#$#@@ !!!! Just like the tie rod boots - those are awful too.

Another member here and I measured those boots on a BX25D (I bet they are the same) and he went on a limb and had a company make a split boot!

He sent me a pair of those boots and the little bitty aluminum bolts and nuts to go with them.
I bet the bolts and nuts weighed ..... 3 grams total!

The boot fit perfectly. Somewhat of a PITA to get the little tiny nuts on the backside but it worked great. Hell he sent the screwdriver with the kits.

View attachment 52223

IT took longer to hold on to the bolt and nuts - (only dropped each one about a dozen times! )
than it did to complete the job
looks like a good fix...are there any split boots available for purchase? i just noticed the front boot on the shaft that drives the transmission cooling fan is destroyed...200 hours. i have a 2018 bx23s and it looks very similar to what the photo shows.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I'm still wondering how anyone can just put 35 hrs on his machine. dang thing HAS to be in 'showroom' condition. My 2018 has 855 hrs as of today, on my 2nd front drive shaft boot/cover. Took about 10 minutes to replace.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
looks like a good fix...are there any split boots available for purchase? i just noticed the front boot on the shaft that drives the transmission cooling fan is destroyed...200 hours. i have a 2018 bx23s and it looks very similar to what the photo shows.
Search Google or Amazon for "Split Axle Boot" They're out there.