Run away idle

colt0380

Equipment
b7200 box blade, plow bushhog
May 24, 2014
Geneva
1st Replaced the hydraulic pump... upon completion I started the engine pressed on the "gas" pedal engine revved-up but didn't return to idle. Pulled the fuel shut off lever to kill the engine from "self destruction" the idle dropped back . Repeated several time with the same results.
I sprayed either around glow plugs, fuel lines, fuel regulator. Nothing showed any increase in rpms.
I'm stumped
Colt

colt0380

Equipment
May 24, 2014
Geneva
the 'return' spring is busted or missing ??
the 'linkages' you took off , went on 'wrong way' ??
Thanks but even without the linkage attached manipulating the throttle manually still runs away. I even backed the slow idle screw out some

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Remove the linkage from the throttle control arm on the injection pump and operate the throttle by hand. Does it still stick at high speed when you release the throttle control? Does moving the fuel shut-off lever return it to idle? If it acts the same, you have ruled out any linkage problems.
Did you disturb the sealed adjustment screw on the rear of the injection pump mounting boss part of the engine block, right where the hydraulic pump mounts?

colt0380

Equipment
May 24, 2014
Geneva
Thanks but even without the linkage attached manipulating the throttle manually still runs away. I even backed the slow idle screw out some