Tooth Bars??

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
We have a CNC plasma cutter, if I knew it was going to take 2 months I would have made my own.The virus excuse is worn out.
I agree the excuse is old. I don’t think it’s EA or BXpanded making the excuses, if they don’t have material, nothing gets made.

Having said that, you said you were in manufacturing, what do you make, and do you ship it all over the states? Not doubting you, just curious.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
USA
.All they had to do was shoot out an email that said your bar is in queue.
I think Bxpanded makes it pretty clear. There isnt much to communicate about after placing your order except to wait. I know how frustrating it is, I won't use my bucket without it. I knew it would take a while (this is my 3rd tooth bar from them).

Every bxpanded order ive placed comes with this advisory.

Reactions: 1 users

Anchovy

Equipment
L2501
Aug 29, 2021
Location?
I think Bxpanded makes it pretty clear. There isnt much to communicate about after placing your order except to wait. I know how frustrating it is, I won't use my bucket without it. I knew it would take a while (this is my 3rd tooth bar from them).

3rd tooth bar? Does it wear down that bad, that quick? Or have you just gotten new tractors and/or buckets?

Reactions: 1 user

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
USA
haha no! 3 different buckets

D

Deleted member 47704

I agree the excuse is old. I don’t think it’s EA or BXpanded making the excuses, if they don’t have material, nothing gets made.

Having said that, you said you were in manufacturing, what do you make, and do you ship it all over the states? Not doubting you, just curious.
We make something a lot more complicated than a tooth bar. The products we make are used in the manufacturing industry, nothing the public would ever see or understand.We ship to the CONUS and parts of Canada.
We have no problem getting raw material.
I never said anything bad about their company, just the delivery is slow. I'll get it in 3 weeks that makes it 6 weeks and I won't need it anymore, I'm going to sell it on ebay or offer it to the dealer.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
USA
are you able to get a toothbar anywhere else in under 3 weeks???

D

Deleted member 47704

Never saw that, what browser are you using? do you have a pop up blocker?

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
USA
haha good point Bob! pop up might have been blocked on your end. I use firefox and it does have a pop-up blocker but that always comes through. Waiting on a toothbar is a drag, I feel your pain!

D

Deleted member 47704

are you able to get a toothbar anywhere else in under 3 weeks???
Yes, but BX expedited my order. I decided on BX because I don't have time to do it myself and you guys seem to like them. Its you guys fault. :p

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
1/2" steel should cut at about 25 inches/minute on a plasma cutter even with all the zigzags on the teeth it shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to cut it.

I'm in manufacturing and our lead times haven't changed.

The issue was no communication from BX.All they had to do was shoot out an email that said your bar is in queue.
i'm in manufacturing and our lead times have changed a lot.

For clarification, EA toothbars go to a HAAS mill after they come off the laser cutting machine.

D

Deleted member 47704

i'm in manufacturing and our lead times have changed a lot.

For clarification, EA toothbars go to a HAAS mill after they come off the laser cutting machine.
Yes to put the angle on front.

I don't understand why lead times changed, has covid slowed down processes? Machines run slower?

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I have the BX bar and it works great. I had to wait for my bar and it was before the virus. Makes it easy work getting into the clay dirt around here.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Yes to put the angle on front.

I don't understand why lead times changed, has covid slowed down processes? Machines run slower?
What don’t you understand? Companies swamped with orders? The fact that materials are harder to get on a consistent basis? Cost more? People are buying like crazy? Companies are having are harder time finding good, trained help? Shipping is slower because there is a shortage of truck drivers? Many of these factors were building up before Covid hit. The fact that many people don’t seem to understand when companies tell them that there is a 6-8 week lead time, yet customers are mad when they don’t have it in 1 week? There is many more factors, yet there are many people on here who fail to understand what is going on in today’s marketplace and continue to whine about it.

Reactions: 1 users

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Lx2610 Cab, Fel, Backhoe, Grapple, Box Grader, Forks
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
Piranha = You'll wait 2 months for it to arrive.

EA = You'll wait 6 months for it to arrive.

Damn that’s a long time. I’ve been dying to order one to have it waiting for when i get My loader from the dealer. But i need To measure my actual bucket I’m assuming?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
BAP, you missed the primary cause...
Biggest factor is China, they're buying very cheap raw materials from us and sending back 'stuff we have to have', at any cost.
They've done this for decades, lulling us into the 'everything is available,NOW' syndrome.
The other factor is the governments putting up 'roadblocks' preventing local businesses from making products.
what's crazy, is that I can sell my old house circuit breakers for 3-4x what they are at stores, well IF, they were at stores......

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Damn that’s a long time. I’ve been dying to order one to have it waiting for when i get My loader from the dealer. But i need To measure my actual bucket I’m assuming?
You might call them to find out, I know they have the BX's down solid. If you know you want it for sure maybe they can put you in que and when your loader comes in you can call in measurements. They might do it this way.. should have plenty of time. Their great to work with!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: But i need To measure my actual bucket I’m assuming?
Why,. dealer should have the dimensions of the bucket.If not, call Kubota,they HAVE to have a drawing 'somewhere' witht he dimensions on it....
I can't see how/why the dimns wouild be different within the same series of buckets. After all they gotta FIT the loaders....

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
The Piranha is a good bar. I'm happy with mine. It'll add a ton of strength to the lip of the bucket as well as drastically improve the aggressiveness and usability. I dug a little with my bucket with the factory edge, and it would stop the tractor on the smallest of roots if they were dense, or if I was trying to use the whole bucket width. It simply wouldn't dig. Add one Piranha, and bingo, it slices through root 2-3 inches in diameter, pushes small rocks out of the way (into the bucket) rather than stalling the bucket, and makes the bucket so much more useful than just an overgrown wheel barrow.

Word of caution, get in the habit VERY quickly of putting that bar flat on the floor/ground any time you are not using it. Those teeth are extremely sharp. I don't think I'll wear mine out in my lifetime.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
re: But i need To measure my actual bucket I’m assuming?
Why,. dealer should have the dimensions of the bucket.If not, call Kubota,they HAVE to have a drawing 'somewhere' witht he dimensions on it....
I can't see how/why the dimns wouild be different within the same series of buckets. After all they gotta FIT the loaders....
There can be small variations in the welds, particularly the small cutters on the outside vertical edges of the bucket, and the gussets for re-enforcement of the corners. If you think about it, how precise does the cutting edge of something that's going to be used to dig in the dirt need to be? I think you'd be lucky to find anything close to 1/2" tolerance and accuracy. That's what BX wants to make sure they don't miss. Measure carefully, though, because you get one bolt for each side that's BARELY long enough to start the threads on the nut. If you give them dimensions a little too short, you're gonna have fun getting those bolts put in. I'm probably going to replace the bolts on mine with some Grade 8's about 1/4" longer when/if I take the bar off for any reason. Can't think of why I would ever take it off, but just maybe .....

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
What don’t you understand? Companies swamped with orders? The fact that materials are harder to get on a consistent basis? Cost more? People are buying like crazy? Companies are having are harder time finding good, trained help? Shipping is slower because there is a shortage of truck drivers? Many of these factors were building up before Covid hit. The fact that many people don’t seem to understand when companies tell them that there is a 6-8 week lead time, yet customers are mad when they don’t have it in 1 week? There is many more factors, yet there are many people on here who fail to understand what is going on in today’s marketplace and continue to whine about it.
Hard to improve on this post. There are a multitude of factors including the ones you mention, and more. It's a complex issue but it is an issue. I'm seeing an improvement in the availability of some things and that can also be a complex situation. Look at the thread by @Elliott in GA showing a John Deere dealership with lots of inventory.