B2301 / LA435 - Sheared threads out of pin locking nut

amanfromthere

Equipment
B2301
Mar 3, 2021
Ohio
Around 100 hours in, I went around and checked all the bolts for tightness. About half of the pins ( ) on the loader frame (LA435) just would not tighten all the way, they kept spinning. Also one of the pins on the quick attach ( ) that I don't know how to remove. I pulled one out of the frame and was shocked to see that the threads on the lock nut were just totally gone. The bolts themselves look brand new.

Waiting to hear back from the dealer still, but not really sure what to make of this. What could I possibly be doing to cause that to happen? I bought some new lock nuts, but I don't know how to remove the ones on the quick attach.

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
I call them "butternuts" because the threads are soft as butter. My loader pins are different, cross drilled through a boss on the loader frame itself. My owners manual states that the nuts are not supposed to be tightened down securely but only to be tightened down until a 3mm or so gap remains between the nut and the loader pin boss. Your manual may state otherwise, best to check it for sure.

amanfromthere

Equipment
B2301
Mar 3, 2021
Ohio
I call them "butternuts" because the threads are soft as butter. My loader pins are different, cross drilled through a boss on the loader frame itself. My owners manual states that the nuts are not supposed to be tightened down securely but only to be tightened down until a 3mm or so gap remains between the nut and the loader pin boss. Your manual may state otherwise, best to check it for sure.
I don't see anything in the manual that references these specifically unfortunately. Even the maintenance guide only says to check the frame mounting/attachment bolts.