Seat clunk on new BX2680

legbuh

Equipment
bx2680
Sep 28, 2020
mn
Hi all!

I recently traded in my BX1860 for a 2020 BX2680. So far I love it.

The only issue I am having is now and then when going over bumps the seat clunks like it's hitting the metal on the fender.

I was able to locate it on the rear right corner of the seat. It's like somehow when you hit the right bump the seat is able to shift to the right and a lip on the seat gets under the lip of the fender just by a couple mm and results in a fairly loud clunk.

I tried searching and didn't find much on this issue. Just curious if it's a known problem or something I can adjust... or should I call my dealer?

Thanks!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hi all!

I recently traded in my BX1860 for a 2020 BX2680. So far I love it.

The only issue I am having is now and then when going over bumps the seat clunks like it's hitting the metal on the fender.

I was able to locate it on the rear right corner of the seat. It's like somehow when you hit the right bump the seat is able to shift to the right and a lip on the seat gets under the lip of the fender just by a couple mm and results in a fairly loud clunk.

I tried searching and didn't find much on this issue. Just curious if it's a known problem or something I can adjust... or should I call my dealer?

Thanks!

Everything tight under the seat? On the older *70 series there was an actual recall on the nut that came loose and many found out the hard way ( I think it was only on the BX-25D series)

Can you move the seat one click forward or one click backwards ?

Post a picture if you can showing the problem and under the seat.

legbuh

Equipment
bx2680
Sep 28, 2020
mn
I have the seat all the way back as I'm taller. I can try moving it forward a click to see if it still does it. Seems odd that something like this would get through QC.

legbuh

Equipment
bx2680
Sep 28, 2020
mn
Well, I found out what it was... it IS the edge of the seat hitting the lip of the inside fender. IF I could bend that lip just a couple mm it would stop. I can see the orange paint on the seat exactly where it's hitting.

How annoying... still love the tractor, though.

spanky2380

Equipment
bx2380
Aug 29, 2023
michiagn
Well, I found out what it was... it IS the edge of the seat hitting the lip of the inside fender. IF I could bend that lip just a couple mm it would stop. I can see the orange paint on the seat exactly where it's hitting.

How annoying... still love the tractor, though.
I know old post but......

Just had this happen on my new BX2380. It takes a certain bump and turn to tweak the seat just right. I couldn't duplicate though. It sounds like a rock hitting metal. Seat track is really close to fender lip on right side. Left side has a large gap between the two.