What's missing ?

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Here's one that you guys might be able to help me with. I'm working on a friends BX2200 and I've noticed two holes in the HST that I would think should have something in them. The question is, what's missing?

Attachments

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Wildfire.... plugs!!!!! just kiding. Are the holes open into the hydrostat? Picture two shows a cross drill hole in the treads which suggest to me a case drain for pressure port. I own a BX2230 and I will get my manual out and see what the hydraulic schematic shows for Aux circuit for attachment is all I can think of. This hydrostat is probably used in a dozen different tractor models and these could be ports needed for acturators, hydraulic cooler inlet and outlets, I dont know for sure.... but will try to find out if somebody doesn't know the exact answer to your question. You have a nice hoist and a great shop. Nothing you can't figure out with these tools! I hope somebody else can answer you specifically what these ports are for.....:eek:

Wildfire

Equipment
Wildfire.... plugs!!!!! just kiding. Are the holes open into the hydrostat? Picture two shows a cross drill hole in the treads which suggest to me a case drain for pressure port. I own a BX2230 and I will get my manual out and see what the hydraulic schematic shows for Aux circuit for attachment is all I can think of. This hydrostat is probably used in a dozen different tractor models and these could be ports needed for acturators, hydraulic cooler inlet and outlets, I dont know for sure.... but will try to find out if somebody doesn't know the exact answer to your question. You have a nice hoist and a great shop. Nothing you can't figure out with these tools! I hope somebody else can answer you specifically what these ports are for.....:eek:
Thanks OB1. The hoist is really a motorcycle hoist but as you can see it gets used for anything and everything. I even use it as a loading and off loading ramp for heavy items that come into the shop in the back of pick up trucks. It's rated at 1500 lbs. Great tool to have around. I guess we do have a few tools around. Actually to many at times :D Glad you like the shop and I sure appreciate any help you can offer. Some info on the tractor for both you and Vic. this tractor spent all of it's life doing nothing but hauling luggage out to airplanes at a small airport here in Newfoundland.

It works perfectly but my friend who purchased it will be installing a front mounted blower on it and a mid mower. When he went to put the mid mower on the thing the lifting arms were all seized up so he took it to me to free up which I did and that's when I noticed the two empty holes on the top of the HST. I'm thinking someone had just removed them for some reason because they do vent right into the tranny plus the holes look "Fresh" as if they haven't been out for long due to no oil around them. My buddy just purchased thin in the last month and he never used it yet. He has all the steel parts removed and gone out for painting. I reinforced the hood to make it more durable as well. It was pretty flimsy as it was. I tried to get an even closer photo of the enpty hole and as you can see it's a clean shot into the HST. Thanks guys.

Attachments

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Wildfire I don't know if this will help or not schematics never look like the real thing but I think Vic is right their simply auxillary ports for power beyond applications. I'll try to get my hand on a BX2200 hydraulic diagram specific to this model. I knew Kubota made these tugs but didn't realize they were from the tractor division instead of the Industrial Engine division. They look like the JIC 37 degree flare fitting but knowing Japan its the 45 degree metric threads and you will have a challenge find plugs. An experienced parts guy may be the way to go on this project. :) I can't get the diagram to upload but will try it in a separate post when Microsoft decides to work again... I swear their squirrels in a cage running a generator for power...:D

Wildfire

Equipment
Wildfire I don't know if this will help or not schematics never look like the real thing but I think Vic is right their simply auxillary ports for power beyond applications. I'll try to get my hand on a BX2200 hydraulic diagram specific to this model. I knew Kubota made these tugs but didn't realize they were from the tractor division instead of the Industrial Engine division. They look like the JIC 37 degree flare fitting but knowing Japan its the 45 degree metric threads and you will have a challenge find plugs. An experienced parts guy may be the way to go on this project. :) I can't get the diagram to upload but will try it in a separate post when Microsoft decides to work again... I swear their squirrels in a cage running a generator for power...:D
This tractor was purchased as a tractor and not as a tug. The same guy that owns the Kubota dealership also owns the Air Line company that it was used at and it's just a regular BX2200. I did get a breakdown of the parts and I have to admit defeat and say noting goes in there for this application. It may be there for other reasons but I don't know what. Really appreciate all your feedback here though. I got the thing done and out the door.

Last edited:

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Wildfire I can't get my diagram to upload at 697 KB. I've tried to reduce it but to no avail. If you know how to size your prints ( format ) say a 11 x 8.5 page into the allowable site restrictions please send me a personal Email. :)