l245dt

Aug 24, 2011
Kentucky
Ok folks I'm new to the site but over the past few days been looking on here trying to find info from your alls pat experience. I just purchased a l245dt that had been in a building fire when I purchased it, it's wiring had been melted but the previous owner had purchased a used one.I have installed the wiring harness and seem to have power to everything I need when I turn on the key switch charge light and oil light come on. Motor cranks over fine but I am not getting fuel to the injectors.I have tried bleeding them but am not getting fuel past the pump.I have fuel past the filter and into the pump but that's where it ends.I took the pump inspection plate off just to make sure that no debris had something stuck. It looks to me that when I operate the throttle the rod that is connected to the throttle linkage inside the pump is not moving. If this is stuck would it block fuel to the injectors? What is the best way to loosen this up with out taking the pump off. Any advice?

WinnieCouple

Equipment
L245DT, razor brush hog, small disc, double bottom plow, 5' Turfline Box Blade.
Aug 1, 2011
Hico, Texas
Forgot to add that its been sitting for three years. What's the chance the plunger is stuck?
i'd say its worth a shot...
I'll tell ya, its a great little tractor... just wish my 4x was working, then i'd be even MORE happy with it.

Aug 24, 2011
Kentucky
Well got the little tractor running after bleeding the fuel lines for a day I realised I never bled the filter and guess what it was air locked. Now she run n runs like a top. So I'm in the process of repainting it. So it's been a good buy so far

WinnieCouple

Equipment
Aug 1, 2011
Hico, Texas
Well got the little tractor running after bleeding the fuel lines for a day I realised I never bled the filter and guess what it was air locked. Now she run n runs like a top. So I'm in the process of repainting it. So it's been a good buy so far
Glad to hear you have it running... I'm sure you will be happy with it.
As for paint, to each his own, but i'm happy with faded paint and scratches, that just proves that she earns her keep.

What ever you do, be safe and enjoy.

Aug 24, 2011
Kentucky
Well faded wouldn't have bothered me but she was scorched pretty bad and previous owner had done started stripping paint so it was unavoidable

WinnieCouple

Equipment
Aug 1, 2011
Hico, Texas
Well faded wouldn't have bothered me but she was scorched pretty bad and previous owner had done started stripping paint so it was unavoidable
true true....
keeping her value up too.

sunnyside

Equipment
Kubota M4D-071, ZD1511
Feb 17, 2010
Central PA
I had an L245DT for many years. Bought it new in 1978 and never had an issue after 14 yrs when I traded. Good luck with yours.

quinka

Equipment
L245DT with FEL and backhoe, B7100HST
May 6, 2011
Heflin AL
WinnieCouple, whats wrong with your 4x? I just fixed mine on my L245DT and it cost only $443.00 in parts. Now it's like new and pushes the loader into the dirt just fine.

quinka

WinnieCouple

Equipment
Aug 1, 2011
Hico, Texas
WinnieCouple, whats wrong with your 4x? I just fixed mine on my L245DT and it cost only $443.00 in parts. Now it's like new and pushes the loader into the dirt just fine.

quinka
My front pinion gear snapped about an inch from the end.... I had a guy that wanted to try and fix it, but I'm going to get new gears. I'll have to buy the ring and pinion set, so it will be close to $600, plus some new Orings for the front diff.