Anchors on L35 engine to use for hoist

Arkansas

Equipment
L35
Sep 2, 2017
Paron, AR
I am a novice at this tractor work so I keep bumping into questions that are probably obvious for you veterans.

I am ready to pull the engine in my L35 so I can get moving doing the rings and gaskets. I can only find one anchor point on the engine which seems odd to me.

I have attached some pictures of the anchor. It is pretty obvious.

Does anyone know if this is the only point I should use to attach the hoist? It seems like there should be another point or two on the engine where I would connect some chain and then hoist.

I welcome any and all advice for this next stage of pulling the engine and detaching the front/rear of the tractor from it.

Attachments

Ktech101

Sep 15, 2017
Ny
You will want to hook in two place when hoisting on the engine. The hooking point showing in the picture will work fine and then just find another sturdy point to hook to on the other side that will give you an even lift point. I will sometimes bypass the hook they provide and find two more accessible and even hooking points

Arkansas

Equipment
L35
Sep 2, 2017
Paron, AR
Thanks for the thoughts. I'll see what else I can find that will be strong enough to provide me some lift. I have searched and searched for another obvious anchor point (like the one in the pictures) and it just doesn't exist. Hopefully I won't screw anything up.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Put a bolt through the chain into the right rear of the head.