B8200 hydraulic pump

Isie

Equipment
B8200
May 29, 2017
Cleburne
I don't normally work on Kubotas, but I am doing this for a non profit. The hydraulic pump was leaking hydraulic fluid into the crankcase. I got the new pump and cleaned and installed it, the tractor ran for about 2 minutes when the needle bearing in the part that connects the pump to the engine block died and took out the little gear and washer. I removed it and the engine runs with out the pump. My question is, I thought the engine oil lubricated the gears that turn the hydraulic pump, but they were dry when I removed them. Running the engine without the pump I see no engine oil coming out to the gears. Am I supposed to pack them with grease, they were not in grease when I removed them but am wondering if the hydraulic fluid washed it away. If the engine lubes it I do not understand why I am not getting oil slung out without the pump on. Thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It's just splash lubed, it will only get a little oil every now and then.
Do not pack the gears with grease.
Also make sure you got the right pump as that model used 4 different pumps and 2 of the models turn the opposite direction. ;)

JulBud Ranch

Equipment
B8200
Jun 14, 2021
Huntsville
I don't normally work on Kubotas, but I am doing this for a non profit. The hydraulic pump was leaking hydraulic fluid into the crankcase. I got the new pump and cleaned and installed it, the tractor ran for about 2 minutes when the needle bearing in the part that connects the pump to the engine block died and took out the little gear and washer. I removed it and the engine runs with out the pump. My question is, I thought the engine oil lubricated the gears that turn the hydraulic pump, but they were dry when I removed them. Running the engine without the pump I see no engine oil coming out to the gears. Am I supposed to pack them with grease, they were not in grease when I removed them but am wondering if the hydraulic fluid washed it away. If the engine lubes it I do not understand why I am not getting oil slung out without the pump on. Thanks
How did you tell the hydraulic fluid was leaking into the crankcase from the gear pump?