B3350 DPF issues

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
tempforce, the B3350 regeneration processes are different from those in my tractor, so this might not apply in the same way, but my manual cautions against interrupting the regeneration cycle. On mine while in regen you can either run it or park as long as the rpm is high enough for regen to continue. You could then take a phone call far enough away from the tractor to hear.

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
yes, you are NOT supposed to stop during the regen process.

anyway, my tractor is back at the dealers repair shop. the auto regen button quit working.

the tractor has been working great, i was able to get progress upon a few projects. which included getting part of my garden planted, a couple ditches dug and a stump dug out. about 20 hrs of work, before i noticed the indicator not working.

hopefully, i'll have the tractor back before the weekend..

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC, Spacers, FEL, BH, Snowblower, Snowplow, PBar, Forks
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
yes, you are NOT supposed to stop during the regen process.

anyway, my tractor is back at the dealers repair shop. the auto regen button quit working.

the tractor has been working great, i was able to get progress upon a few projects. which included getting part of my garden planted, a couple ditches dug and a stump dug out. about 20 hrs of work, before i noticed the indicator not working.

hopefully, i'll have the tractor back before the weekend..
Yeah. Hopefully. These guys obviously have no idea what they're doing. The learning curve is on your dime. Ridiculous. I'm going to speak with my lawyer today about the feasibility of filing a class action suit. I'm sure I can find enough members from this forum and tractorbynet with the same problem.

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
i've been considering a buy back... then get the non-turbo engine without the tier 4 junk...
gotta stick with something similar due to the other hardware in my yard..

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
i've been considering a buy back... then get the non-turbo engine without the tier 4 junk...
gotta stick with something similar due to the other hardware in my yard..
Just heard back from the northeast rep/dealer. 6 weeks later and all attempts to remedy problems have failed. Working on a replacement. :eek:

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
tractor is coming home. the new computer, needed a tweek.. also no more pressing of the auto button after a startup... the switch is now a inhibit, like the larger tractors.
so now i just start it and forget it. unless a regen needs the throttle increased.
a update will be posted after a few more hours of use.. like maybe after 100 more hours...
it would be a pleasure to post something to brag about, instead of negative post..

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
i spoke too soon about the auto/inhibit switch. it still works like in the manual. i put another 20 hrs on the tractor.
currently it's in for it's first service. hopefully it will be back in a couple days.
my cousin is planning on raising some bees on my place. she wants me to plant a acre or two of buckwheat. what can i say. fresh unprocessed honey.. can't say no to that...

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
Jeez. at this point Kubota needs to give you another tractor. at least a 2650 which seem to be doing well. This DPF crap is for the birds really on smaller engines.

KubotaServiceaRep

Jul 12, 2016
Northern US
I can tell you we are working extremely hard to iron out all the issues with the B3350. We have reports saying the B3350 issues are fixed and we are also getting reports it has not fixed the problem we currently looking into both sides.

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
I can tell you we are working extremely hard to iron out all the issues with the B3350. We have reports saying the B3350 issues are fixed and we are also getting reports it has not fixed the problem we currently looking into both sides.
Which division and territory are you out of? I work for a Northern division dealer out of lower Michigan. We got one on our lot that has 2 birthday candles. We need a permanent fix or we won't sell it.

Pat

KubotaServiceaRep

Jul 12, 2016
Northern US
Which division and territory are you out of? I work for a Northern division dealer out of lower Michigan. We got one on our lot that has 2 birthday candles. We need a permanent fix or we won't sell it.

Pat
I work in the Northern Division corporate office. You're not the only one we have heard that from. Like I said we are working very hard on it right now we believe we may have a fix we are currently working on testing to see if it is.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Kubota Service Rep, thanks for posting to the forum and keeping us up to date. It will help owners that feel hung out to dry. Hopefully Kubota will be able to protect the dealers who have taken it on faith the new ones have the problems solved. I was talking to mine yesterday who had a B3350 on the lot and had ordered a new one. :eek:

Some of us are interested in learning how the new ones work. Anything you can share about the B3350's regen mechanism, including why it doesn't work reliably, and which seems to be unique compared to the L tractors, would help people learn how to manage the new technology better.

KubotaServiceaRep

Jul 12, 2016
Northern US
Kubota Service Rep, thanks for posting to the forum and keeping us up to date. It will help owners that feel hung out to dry. Hopefully Kubota will be able to protect the dealers who have taken it on faith the new ones have the problems solved. I was talking to mine yesterday who had a B3350 on the lot and had ordered a new one. :eek:

Some of us are interested in learning how the new ones work. Anything you can share about the B3350's regen mechanism, including why it doesn't work reliably, and which seems to be unique compared to the L tractors, would help people learn how to manage the new technology better.
I created this account on my own so I can't really say a whole lot. If you are really looking for more information don't be afraid to go to the website and email kubota your questions.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
I work in the Northern Division corporate office. You're not the only one we have heard that from. Like I said we are working very hard on it right now we believe we may have a fix we are currently working on testing to see if it is.
Is there going to be any help on these units for the dealers that are holding back in the best interest of the dealer and potential customers, for tractors that have gone interest bearing? At 7% per month plus curtailment payments for a tractor that's un-sellable.

Pat

KubotaServiceaRep

Jul 12, 2016
Northern US

We have only encountered problems on a small percentage of b3350 units and this problem is only found on the b3350. That being said it's still not okay and we are putting a lot of man hours into not only finding a solution but implementing that solution correctly. The problem has a lot to do with the application of the unit and how the unit is run. Most of the regeneration issues are found on machines that are run for long periods of time at low rpms and with little to no load. We are confident in the new machines coming from the factory and we have found that old machines after the repair is done properly are fixed. We have got some reports of b3350s having issues after the repair was done and so far we have yet to find a case where the repair was done properly and the unit failed. We are still working on collecting enough data prove or disprove this. Like I said I speak for myself on this account and not for kubota as a company I can't promise you anything but as kubota employee this is what I see.

KubotaServiceaRep

Jul 12, 2016
Northern US
Is there going to be any help on these units for the dealers that are holding back in the best interest of the dealer and potential customers, for tractors that have gone interest bearing? At 7% per month plus curtailment payments for a tractor that's un-sellable.

Pat
That's a sales department question and I can't promise anything on this forum I just thought you all should be aware that we are working to fix any problems with the b3350.

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
We have only encountered problems on a small percentage of b3350 units and this problem is only found on the b3350. That being said it's still not okay and we are putting a lot of man hours into not only finding a solution but implementing that solution correctly. The problem has a lot to do with the application of the unit and how the unit is run. Most of the regeneration issues are found on machines that are run for long periods of time at low rpms and with little to no load. We are confident in the new machines coming from the factory and we have found that old machines after the repair is done properly are fixed. We have got some reports of b3350s having issues after the repair was done and so far we have yet to find a case where the repair was done properly and the unit failed. We are still working on collecting enough data prove or disprove this. Like I said I speak for myself on this account and not for kubota as a company I can't promise you anything but as kubota employee this is what I see.
"Most of the regeneration issues are found on machines that are run for long periods of time at low rpms and with little to no load."

I ran my B3350 full open @2500 RPM for blowing snow, for short periods of time 30-45 minutes. Failures.

"We have got some reports of b3350s having issues after the repair was done"

"so far we have yet to find a case where the repair was done properly and the unit failed."

Either you just contradicted yourself, or what you're saying is that the repairs weren't implemented properly.

Attempts were made for MONTHS on end to repair my B3350. Was my Kubota service rep or the mechanics at fault? He came down personally to oversee the repair process. No resolution could be found.

"We are still working on collecting enough data prove or disprove this."

My service rep admitted there was nothing else that could be done. I have his email if you want to exchange notes.

"Like I said I speak for myself on this account and not for kubota as a company I can't promise you anything but as kubota employee this is what I see."

Lucky for Kubota Corp. you're speaking for yourself.

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining outside. :cool:

KubotaServiceaRep

Jul 12, 2016
Northern US
1. Running the tractor for a short period is a factor we have seen that causes problems it doesn't give the system enough time to preform a regeneration and in cold conditions it was not able to get up to the temp need for a regeneration in such a short period of time. So yes your unit was in a perfect condition to fail
2. I am saying we have seen dealers that didn't carry out a complete fix. The fix is complicated it is very possible to mess up on.
3. Considering you no longer have your b3350 I would guess you were in the old group and in that time we did not have the fix we have now.
4. I have 3 b3350s at home that I have done the work on myself and all of them have 250+ hours without a single failure.

Last edited:

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
1. Running the tractor for a short period is a factor we have seen that causes problems it doesn't give the system enough time to preform a regeneration and in cold conditions it was not able to get up to the temp need for a regeneration in such a short period of time. So yes your unit was in a perfect condition to fail
2. I am saying we have seen dealers that didn't carry out a complete fix. The fix is complicated it is very possible to mess up on.
3. Considering you no longer have your b3350 I would guess you were in the old group and in that time we did not have the fix we have now.
4. I have 3 b3350s at home that I have done the work on myself and all of them have 250+ hours without a single failure.
forgive me.....but this is something that kubota, and frankly, all of the tractor/automotive diesel industry need to fix. this whole. "well you can't run it for short periods of time" "well you can't spend time not working the machine hard" "well the weather outside was too cold" is completely BS.

knock on wood my 4060 has been flawless thus far. but for the money we spend on tractors/new diesel trucks, I should be able to let the damn thing idle for a bit or do light work. if I'm just using my tractor to move things, it's usually not working hard. many people own tractors for that very reason. in the diesel truck market of which I'm wanting a new truck, they say the same shit. well you gotta work it hard. excuse me, but if I buy a 70k dollar cummins/powerstroke/duramax truck, I might only be shuttling me and my kids from time to time....not pulling a 40 ft gooseneck loaded with cows.... at 70k dollars, the damn thing should be able to do anything I want including being a trophy truck that never has a single lb of anything behind it or in the bed and it do it without question or fear of a badly engineered solution to the nightmare, (that the EPA has laid out) to fail fairly randomly. let's say I'm made of money.....and go buy an M135X tractor. no loader or anything, just the tractor. I'm going to drive it around in my yard. or to the local tractor show only......your telling me it's acceptable for pretty much a 100k$ tractor to have issues because it's not worked hard enough? what a load of shit. seriously. not directly slamming you. but that is the weakest excuse ever. I also am very displeased that there is not more out about this system, how it works, and what to do about it. even advertised on the website. what you see is "the latest in EPA/Clean/Green engine technology" that's about it. maybe....just maybe. Kubota might actually do themselves a favor by having a sanctioned customer service rep from corporate actually on here listening to the fine folks who are on this site. learn from their needs and desires and hates. support your customers instead of only getting the sale. I sincerely hope Kubota is trying to get better. but the debacle of the 3350 is pretty immense.....btw, why would you have 3 3350s at your house with 200+ hours each? R&D?