ZG227 Zero Turn Mower - Carbon filter replacement or maybe clean?

BamaPoBoy

New member

Equipment
ZG227A Zero Turn Mower
May 1, 2025
6
1
3
Prattville, Alabama
Hello good forum people! The kubota recommendation for replacing this filter is 2 years. My machine is way older, but this last time I cut, the mower was running rough (meaning that the engine was surging and it seemed like it was getting too much fuel). When I increased throttle the engine lagged before it caught up and then didn't seem to run at full throttle. I have since bought a cheap tach. I'm in the early stages here of troubleshooting, but does anybody replace the carbon filter? (It's pretty $$$)! And could it cause/contribute to the running conditions described? Thank you from the free state of Alabama.
 

BamaPoBoy

New member

Equipment
ZG227A Zero Turn Mower
May 1, 2025
6
1
3
Prattville, Alabama
Did I mispeak? Carbon canister? From the parts breakdown the canister holds a sponge ? Is this all that needs replacing or the entire canister? I'm not sure if this thing could be the source of, or a contributor to the rough running issues.
 

KNPV PSD

New member

Equipment
L6060HSTC ZG227A
Dec 15, 2021
6
1
3
NW Montana
Hello good forum people! The kubota recommendation for replacing this filter is 2 years. My machine is way older, but this last time I cut, the mower was running rough (meaning that the engine was surging and it seemed like it was getting too much fuel). When I increased throttle the engine lagged before it caught up and then didn't seem to run at full throttle. I have since bought a cheap tach. I'm in the early stages here of troubleshooting, but does anybody replace the carbon filter? (It's pretty $$$)! And could it cause/contribute to the running conditions described? Thank you from the free state of Alabama.
did you ever solve the issues? Was this the right solution? Mine is acting just like yours and I’m about to dig into it.