Won't stay running

BobH71

Equipment
B7200d
Sep 12, 2021
Colorado
I changed my glow plugs in a '86 Kubota b7200d. Now it will start but not stay running. How do I ensure I didn't mess up the firing order? Or other suggestions. Pics of my connection attached. Thanks
PXL_20210919_181453931.jpg

Attachments

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
There is no "firing order" for glowplugs.... they are all in parallel and either ON -or- OFF.

Question: Why did you replace all the GPs? I would understand if 1 or 2 of them were burned out... but if they work.... leave them alone. (The GPs have nothing to do with how the engine runs after starting)

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex., Beer fridge
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Glow plugs have nothing to do with “firing order”. They are hooked in parallel and work in tandem.

Not sure what your problem might be, but it is VERY unlikely it is glow plug related. At least if you installed them correctly with proper sealing at the plug/head interface.

But let’s let the more knowledgable give better guidance....

BobH71

Equipment
B7200d
Sep 12, 2021
Colorado
There is no "firing order" for glowplugs.... they are all in parallel and either ON -or- OFF.

Question: Why did you replace all the GPs? I would understand if 1 or 2 of them were burned out... but if they work.... leave them alone. (The GPs have nothing to do with how the engine runs after starting)
They were the original ones. The previous owner hadnt replaced anything except the oil filter.
And it took a long time to start, even in warm weather.
But thought maybe I messed up the order but thanks for confirming that I can't mess that up.