Will A Kubota L4540 Backhoe Attachment Fit My Kubota M4050DT Tractor???

Quiet Horseman

Equipment
Kubota M4050DT with 1830 Loader
Jul 10, 2021
Arkansas
Hi folks!

I have found a Backhoe Attachment I would like to buy, but I'm worried I'm being stupid. Please help!

The year model of the Backhoe attachment in question is roughly 1988, there is no date or paperwork I can see. The object of my curiosity is the Kubota L4540 Backhoe attachment? Can I make the L4540 backhoe attachment fit on my Kubota 1985-86 year model M4050DT, which has an 1830 Bucket Loader and external hydraulic tank, attached to what looks to be 4" square tube exterior frame running from where the loader mounts on the tractor, clear to the back axles? The L4540 backhoe attachment comes with the OEM mounting brackets and the appropriate wedge bolts. The orange square plates come with it. The plates look very familiar, just like the plates on the back axles of my M4050DT Tractor axles.

Every EBay L4540 manual shows this attachment mounted on an L series tractor?
Can I easily mount the attachment on an M series tractor?

My Big Questions?
Should I buy this L4045 Backhoe Attachment for my M4050DT?
Does anybody know the weight of the L4540 Backhoe Attachment?
If my memory serves me correctly, my M4050DT owners manual says my maximum rear axle load is 3,700 lbs?
The L4540 backhoe attachment with subframe, looks like one heavy piece of equipment, and I don't want to kill my tractors back axles by over loading.

Any specs, info, or advice you might could share would be much appreciated!

Thanks for reading!

Illustration of Backhoe Attachment Below.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited: