TG1860G hydro issues.

jay87t

Equipment
B6000
Aug 4, 2013
Niagara Falls
Hey guys, my TG1860 has a weak hydro. get weaker as it gets hotter, its also weak going up hills, its gets slower and slower! the tractor is in amazing condition cosmetically and the engine runs great. Im thinking about pulling the hydro unit and rebuilding it, I watched that fella on you tube rebuild a hydro. He says the pistons get worn out either on the pump or motor. Parts are available to replace these pistons with the housing. has anyone here actually rebuilt a kubota hydro before? I have a FSM but it has no specs on what the clearances should be.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
You will have to get the specs from Hydrogear. Kubota does not publish all the necessary information, they hit the high points but that's about it.

Might try an oil change before going through the trouble of rebuilding it. They usually don't "wear out"-and the 1 or 2 that I've seen that were worn usually needed way more than 5 pistons...ends up more expensive to repair them then to replace.

Synthetic 20w50 works well. I don't recall a drain bolt, thus you'll have to suck it out from the top, or remove it and turn it up side down. Or pull the entire pan, but if you do that, the filter will usually fall out....and on top of the filter is a spring and ball that also falls out. Hydrogear and Kubota don't know where it goes, nothing in any publications, so then you're on your own trying to figure that mess out.

Also, the pan bolts are VERY soft and many times break during removal. You have been warned.