rear diff lock

manofaus

Equipment
bx2350
Mar 23, 2012
Australia
Moving some dirt today and tried to use the rear diff lock. Its a bx2350. Coudn't get it to work. Do you need to have it in 4wd or out of gear or something?

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
I press down on mine with my heel while using my right foot to work the hydro pedal. Think of it as an unsynchronized gear shift. Brute force isn't good here. Never stomp on the diff lock, just keep pressure on it till it meshes.

Wxman

Equipment
MX4700HST/loader
Feb 1, 2011
Indiana
Yes, the diff lock is nothing too fancy. Think of it as pressing a pin from one side of diff into a single hole on other side of diff. You have to push on the pin (the lock engagement lever) and then wait, with one wheel slowly turning, until the pin aligns with the hole on the other side. At that point the diff is locked.
So, a little patience; have one wheel moving (spinning), but SLOWLY; once engaged you can speed up some if needed. You have to continue holding down the engagement lever as long as you want it locked. Releasing the lever unlocks the diff.
Also, it may not immediately disengage, (pin gets stuck in hole), if there is continual pressure. Sometimes you need to slow down or reverse direction momentarily to let the lock disengage, sometimes not.

Good luck and hope all is working as it should.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Just keep in mind the diff lock is not used for normal operation. You don't need to turn while it's locked in and disengage it as soon as you no longer need it.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
My BX2360 is the same way DONT JAM YOUR FOOT DOWN,,, Just put your heel on and push slowly it will engage might take a second or 5 but it will go in