Questions on RC60-20 Mower

LoneStar

Feb 26, 2011
South Texas
I recently purchased a Kubota L2350F tractor with a RC60-20 midpoint mower. I’ve got the manuals for the tractor, but not for the mower. So far I’ve got the tractor fully serviced with the help of wealth of information found on this website. I’m now going through the mower and have a couple of questions.

1. There are two plugs located on the gear box on the mower. I assume one is a filler plug and the second is an overflow. What is the correct level for the gear oil? To the upper or lower plug?

2. The tractor has a front PTO assembly for the mower. There is a joint cover over the PTO shaft. On one side of the cover is a wing nut and on the opposite side of the housing is a threaded hole (same threads as the wing nut). Any idea what the wing nut is for? Is a second wing nut supposed to be in the opposite hole? The local Kubota store looked it up on their parts list and did not show anything.

Thanks in advance. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

LoneStar

Feb 26, 2011
South Texas
Thanks, I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t overfilling it. The mower hadn’t been used for a couple of years when I got it, so I drained the gear oil and replace it. Also, replaced a couple parts, gave it a paint job, adjusted the belt, greased the fittings, and sharpened the blades.

I’ll be ready to mow as soon as I figure out what’s up with the front PTO. The PTO works fine, I just need to figure out what (if anything) goes in the extra threaded hole in the joint cover. Also, I’m curious what the function of the wing nut is. I’ll post up some pics next weekend when I go down to the place to do some more work.

Thanks again,

Wayne

Equipment
L2500F
Jan 5, 2011
Chester Springs, PA
Mine has a wing bolt on both sides of the cover. I guess they are wing bolts so they can easily be removed. That joint comes off when removing the deck.
Wayne

LoneStar

Feb 26, 2011
South Texas
Thanks Wayne, I stopped by another Kubota dealer last weekend and got a look at a better parts drawing. It appears the cover on my unit is actually missing and the wing bolt is screwed directly into the PTO housing. Without the cover to hold on I couldn't see the value of the wing bolt. I got a short 8mm bolt to plug the hole on the opposite side and greased it up.

I fired the tractor up and mowed with it for about an hour last Sunday and she seems to be working like a champ.