Piranha Tooth bar videos?

kris77

Jun 9, 2016
CA
I'm considering the Piranha tooth bar. I only need it right now for one thing...

I have to dig a 8" deep 60' long trench along a wet section of my property. The regular loader just isnt doing a good job. I read where somebody put the tooth bar on and then angled the bucket towards the ground, lifted the front wheels up and dug....When the front wheels touched the ground, they tilted the bucket and up came the dirt. I would like to do the same, just on each side and make a big "V" channel along to drain the water, but i would love to see a video of this in action if possible....

Anybody seen a video of this?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
not sure you are going to get a video - but I WILL tell you this,
if it cost $500 (and it does not) it is worth every penny.
Once you place it on, it will not come off, unless you are scraping snow......

it is excellent for digging and popping up little small trees and what not, but something that many never look at is back dragging, gravel, dirt, or whatever - the 1/2" thick edge works wonders while back dragging.

Dont delay.....buy it today! I promise it will work 200% better than you think!:D:)

Dr Honda

Equipment
BX1870
Mar 30, 2015
Pitt, PA
The Piranha bar was the first thing I installed on my tractor. Without a tooth bar... you cant dig at all. (other than mud) The FEL is really only good for scooping loose materials. But... put that thing on the front... and it digs great!! It's also good for grabbing roots, and other things. AND... it protects the stock edge from being bent.

It's really worth the $250. (or whatever they cost these days)

FYI... I was able to use my tractor to cut 1" deep pads in the turf, so we could put in paving stones. Just put the bucket down, lifting the front... curled it flat, and drove forward. Cut sections out like a sod cutter. (you can see the sections sitting in front of the hole)

Last edited:

procraftmike

Equipment
1977 B7100DT w/B219 FEL
Jan 27, 2016
Neenah, WI
I read where somebody put the tooth bar on and then angled the bucket towards the ground, lifted the front wheels up and dug....When the front wheels touched the ground, they tilted the bucket and up came the dirt.
I have been using my B7100 with PTB just as you described. Works pretty darn well... This ditch is at least 2 feet deep. I do have some pretty soft soils to dig in though...but, I'm impressed!!

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
As everyone has stated, best money spent. Just watch the teeth as they take a bite out of your leg if you get too close.

kris77

Jun 9, 2016
CA
This is what i want to do....I found this video on the side of one of the other videos linked above...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYa8b73d6JA

If he can do this without a tooth bar, I think i'll be able to do what i want with one for sure...Its either rent a mini hoe for the weekend for $200 or buy a tooth bar for $250 and do it myself. Seems like a no brainier to me....lol I really couldn't justify buying one before, I really had no immediate need for it. I wanted one, but now I have a reason to get it.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
This is what i want to do....I found this video on the side of one of the other videos linked above...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYa8b73d6JA

If he can do this without a tooth bar, I think i'll be able to do what i want with one for sure...Its either rent a mini hoe for the weekend for $200 or buy a tooth bar for $250 and do it myself. Seems like a no brainier to me....lol I really couldn't justify buying one before, I really had no immediate need for it. I wanted one, but now I have a reason to get it.
what cha got there in that video is a wee bit different that a piranha tooth bar!

that is just a protruded edge - sure it cuts that type of soil well, but that is not real hard stuff to begin with. The PIRANHA tooth bar is obviously serrated, thus more pressure is applied at each point that contacts the ground. The PTB will cut stuff off the ground better due to the beveled edge and the fact that the entire front edge is NOT being applied all at once. It will also cut small saplings by placing it between the sets of teeth.

Once you get yours, and use it a bit, you will understand why it gets such a high remark.

As for justification, anytime that you need to move dirt from a pile (hard packed) or dig into the ground, the PTB allows the tractor to work less hard, fill the bucket with more and you will need less time to do the work overall!:)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
You dont have dirt like that in WVa,, Son ya wana dig get the bar

BMC330

Equipment
L3301
Dec 21, 2015
Olive Branch MS
I just completed installing my PTB. Took around 45 minutes.

I am going to use my loader as soon as it cools off. I will be moving dirt from a hard bank behind my house in the cow pasture. I will advise the difference as I have gotten dirt there before the install.

By the looks of the PTB I think I will be happy.

kris77

Jun 9, 2016
CA
So did you ever use the loader with the tooth bar? I'm curious to the comparison. I've decided to get one....Just have to come up with the funds...

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I have some of the rockiest soil I have ever see in my life. I used my tractor for two years to dig out rocks before I decided to buy the PTB. I am very happy with it. I wish that I did not wait so long to bite the bullet and buy that bar. I have never read a bad word about it and I cannot think of anything except good to say about it. You have several endorsements from others on this forum. I think all would agree that it is one of the best things we could buy for our tractors. It truly is money well spent.

Buck3343

Sep 16, 2016
US
The Piranha bar was the first thing I installed on my tractor. Without a tooth bar... you cant dig at all. (other than mud) The FEL is really only good for scooping loose materials. But... put that thing on the front... and it digs great!! It's also good for grabbing roots, and other things. AND... it protects the stock edge from being bent.

It's really worth the $250. (or whatever they cost these days)

FYI... I was able to use my tractor to cut 1" deep pads in the turf, so we could put in paving stones. Just put the bucket down, lifting the front... curled it flat, and drove forward. Cut sections out like a sod cutter. (you can see the sections sitting in front of the hole)

Same here, that was the first thing that I got for "Beulah" after getting her off an old fence row!!!!!
. Makes a world of difference. Money well spent !!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Semma

Equipment
bx2670, FEL, bx5455hd snowblower, 60 inch mower, soft cab, landpride fsp500
Jan 3, 2015
Shirley, MA, US
Works like a charm. Don't hesitate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk