new tractor B3150 or B2601?

waimak piles

Sep 22, 2019
Waimakirri, New Zealand
Hello there,

I'm considering a B3150 or B2601 – leaning rather strongly to the B3150.

Maybe a Boomer (a little bit cheaper and already as a third function) the dealer seemed keen but I'm less so.
I have discounted Kioti & JD - Kubota about the same price and the dealer has been proactive.

I have 11 acres, about 3 wooded. I need the tractor to help me clean up the wooded lot, lots of dead and hung up trees and tidy up property, some topping of paddocks and landscaping. I have a ride on for around the house.

I see the B3150 having an advantage over the B2601 – it has a little bit more:
  • HP - handy for the pto implements I want flail or slasher and chipper
  • ground clearance - lots of tree stumps to avoid
  • loader capability - planning on a grapple

I have tried B3150 at my property I would not want anything larger in the wooded area. I was pretty happy with it.

Thoughts?
Is there anything I missing about the B2601?

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I am not familiar with the B3150. Is it possible that this model is sold only outside of the US market?
Seems like a nice size machine after looking up the specs.
In the US market the emissions requirements are an important decision making factor for many folks at the 26hp mark. I have no idea if this affects you in your location. Pleading ignorance.
If you've used the machine on your property, and it suits your needs I say go for it.

I would consider getting a new tractor prepped by the dealer with whatever add-ons you think you may need / want, like third function hydraulics and rear remotes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
I am not familiar with the B3150. Is it possible that this model is sold only outside of the US market?
Seems like a nice size machine after looking up the specs.
In the US market the emissions requirements are an important decision making factor for many folks at the 26hp mark. I have no idea if this affects you in your location. Pleading ignorance.
If you've used the machine on your property, and it suits your needs I say go for it.

I would consider getting a new tractor prepped by the dealer with whatever add-ons you think you may need / want, like third function hydraulics and rear remotes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
It’s a 2014 version of a B2650 before all the Tier 4 stuff. It is a bit bigger than the B2601 yes.

OP I assume this is a used machine? How many hours, was it kept indoors, any implements, service maintenance logs in good order? Any leaks?

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
I may be mistaken but the Boomer series appears to me to equate more closely to the Kubota "L" series. The L series has more ground clearance than the B series but is not a particularly large tractor. Of course I don't even know if it's available everywhere.

waimak piles

Sep 22, 2019
Waimakirri, New Zealand
OP I assume this is a used machine? How many hours, was it kept indoors, any implements, service maintenance logs in good order? Any leaks?
I'm looking at new machines. The secondhand market is quite thin around this size and the few that I have seen are priced high enough that I'm considering new.

We do not have the same emission requirements in NZ - so there are no DPF concerns.

I am catching up with the kubota/new holland dealer in a few days time to finalise pricing.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
No, we don't have all the same emissions rules in NZ. No, that doesn't mean that our machinery doesn't have the emissions equipment on it - there aren't NZ specific models so we get what other people get. Some does, some doesn't.

The B2650 never had special emissions controls - it's under the US threshold for that. On other models your mileage may vary - make sure you ask exactly what it has before buying it if you're at all concerned.