M6800, 3 point lift will not lift

danield

Equipment
M6800
Dec 4, 2012
Gonzales Texas USA
3 Point lift WAS working fine. Parked tractor in barn for like 2 weeks and now it will not lift. Had no issues prior to this. Fluid level is full, Changed filters about 3 months ago. I seldom use this tractor, mostly for moving round bales of hay.
With both 3 point control levers in the up position it will not do anything, but if I lift manually the hay spear that is attached it will hold arms to the height that i lift them, and will not go down, until i move the lever to the down position. If i move the lever back to the up position while it is coming down, it will stop but not go up. Down speed control knob under and in front of seat is totally open.
Does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong here?? Seems like a valve is not working, but i CAN stop the down movement. This tractor only has about 200 hours on it.
Thank you,
Dan

danield

Equipment
M6800
Dec 4, 2012
Gonzales Texas USA
Yes sir, as best i could. I made sure when a lever is moved, the shaft also moves that goes into the rear axil housing, that sort of thing. All other components are tight. Like I said, we used it to put up about 50 round bales, parked it, and the next time we started it the 3 point wont lift.
Thanks for your response. So far I haven't found anyone who has any ideas on this. I sure hate to haul it to town to find out. Ought to be able to fix it myself.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Does it have a valve adjustment under the seat, like some other tractors have? I know that when I was a kid, I loved to sit on a tractor and explore things. Perhaps someone has been on it, and changed some adjustments.

danield

Equipment
M6800
Dec 4, 2012
Gonzales Texas USA
Yes there is an adjustment under the seat but it is only for the down speed adjustment.
Oh By the Way I forgot to mention I have a front end loader on this tractor as well and it works fine, so I still have no clue why the 3 point will not lift.
Romans, 1:16... a great verse sir.

Red7738

Equipment
1973 B7000E and 2012 L3240 with LA514 FEL
Aug 20, 2012
Kathleen, ga, USA
I say check the filter again... Had the same problem on a small tractor 5 months after filter where change. Sure enough, it was clogged....

Rex

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Just for the sake of eliminating another shot in the dark, try unhooking all the lines that go to your loader and hooking them back up. Just to make sure everything is flowing where it should be.

Ray in Texas

Equipment
L2600DT
Jan 14, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
DanielD, What did you find was the problem? I'm having a similar problem with my L2600DT. I'm going to change the filter as soon as i get one. I'm wondering if that fixed your problem.