M5660 ERROR-60

fbitz777

Equipment
L4310
Jul 5, 2023
I had an electrical fire on my M5660 and replaced the entire harness, fuel injectors and various sensors that were burnt.

However I am getting the following ERROR on the display:
ERROR-60 Analog reference supply voltage +5V trouble

I am wondering if this is on the Engine ECU (in front of the tractor) or most likely the Main ECU (under the steering column; see picture)

Also: the engine cranks and fuel gets all the way to the input to the fuel rail but not to the individual injector lines.
I would assume it has a fuel shutoff solenoid but can't find it on the parts list.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I had an electrical fire on my M5660 and replaced the entire harness, fuel injectors and various sensors that were burnt.

However I am getting the following ERROR on the display:
ERROR-60 Analog reference supply voltage +5V trouble

I am wondering if this is on the Engine ECU (in front of the tractor) or most likely the Main ECU (under the steering column; see picture)

Also: the engine cranks and fuel gets all the way to the input to the fuel rail but not to the individual injector lines.
I would assume it has a fuel shutoff solenoid but can't find it on the parts list.
There is no Fuel shut off solenoid on a Common rail system.

The WSM should point you to the ECU and how to test the inputs.

You're very likely going to need a Dealer to program all the changed parts into the ECU and that is very likely why it won't start and run.

fbitz777

Equipment
L4310
Jul 5, 2023
There is no Fuel shut off solenoid on a Common rail system.

The WSM should point you to the ECU and how to test the inputs.

You're very likely going to need a Dealer to program all the changed parts into the ECU and that is very likely why it won't start and run.
got the tractor to run but it's in Limp mode until we find the ERROR-60
all the engine sensors are working properly

An yes I ordered the WSM which will probably arrive after I get everything running!

It is a fairly easy wiring and the error is definitely in the Main ECU which was exposed to hot fire.

Last edited:

fbitz777

Equipment
L4310
Jul 5, 2023
OK I got new main ECU (burnt one did not produce 5V that was needed for accelerator sensor)

So now I have tractor with no error code on the Panel Display
I also went over the entire WSM to check everything that can be tested (sensors)

HOWEVER:

Engine light is still ON and tractor does not want to run over 2000RPM so the faults are detected by the ENGINE ECU

I am told that they is no way for someone but Kutota dealer to diagnose the engine ECU (proprietary?).

fbitz777

Equipment
L4310
Jul 5, 2023
Yep I said that earlier.
so a tool like this would not work.? All I want to know is which sensor on engine is still faulty.
My dealer is far and I'll ask tomorrow if they do mobile service (I am so used to it with Tesla and Rivian and Caterpillar)

jonsstihl

Equipment
kUBOTA GRAND L4740
Jul 2, 2020
quebec, canada
It may not be any faulty parts. sometimes the dealer needs to tell the ECU the serial number of the replaced part and then all is good.

A guy at work went through that with injectors on a snowmobile. wouldn't start until the dealer connected his laptop and told the ECU the injector serial numbers.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
so a tool like this would not work.? All I want to know is which sensor on engine is still faulty.
My dealer is far and I'll ask tomorrow if they do mobile service (I am so used to it with Tesla and Rivian and Caterpillar)

That might read the codes, but a $1000 goes a long way to having a dealer read and program the ECU and diagnose any other issues.
And like @jonsstihl said, it will not program the ECU for the parts that you have replaced.
Which could or could not be causing your issues.

I have the same style of OBD reader for automotive and it was a heck of a lot cheaper than $1000.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I think you can buy the Diagmaster tool from the dealer now. Very expensive as I understand it