LX2610 Tire sizes

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
Unfortunately, my dealer says that they cannot order the 60" bucket. They can only get the 54".
If you got the large tires they are wider than 54". My LX2610HSD is about 58" across the tread of the R4's (15-19.5 in the back without spacers).

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Good to hear because my lx3310 is here, and I'll have it delivered soon. They told me they could only get the 54" bucket though. Do you wish you would have gotten the 60" bucket?
No, I'm happy with the 54" Your 3310 might benefit a little from it, but the 60" bucket is a little bit lighter construction than the 54". I saw the two buckets sitting side by side. If you're moving a lot of light materials, yeah, the 60" will be just fine. If you're abusing the bucket some, then you're gonna want the strength. Another 6" of width really isn't that much more volume, and ya gotta remember, that more is not always better. Even on a 33HP tractor, it's still a small tractor, and a heavy bucket of wet dirt can get real dangerous real quick. If you're planning on digging, add a tooth bar to the bucket. That flat and straight edge doesn't dig so good in clay. The toothbar made an amazing difference in mine. I recommend the Piranha, but if you want 5 only toothbars to have, just ask anyone with a different brand from mine. BEWARE, they are SHARP on the edges.

No more experience than I have, someone with a wheel barrow and shovel could probably outrun me moving material. I'm learning, though. Like I said, I cannot complain even a little bit about my LX2610.

BUT, pay attention to which hydraulic filter is who. The manual for the LX has them identified backward. The labels for the HST and the Hydraulic filters are reversed in the manual figures. I double, triple, and quadruple checked that before I could believe it wasn't just my ignorance that got me in that pickle. I made a pretty good mess taking the wrong filter off first. I've since learned that while it's a little more work doing the 100H service, it's easier to just go ahead and drain the hydraulic oil to a clean catch pan, and put it back in. There's a few tricks (that I read about much too late) using a shop vac to keep the oil in while you pull the Hydraulic Filter (bottom right side.) It's your tractor, do it the way you want. Putting used oil back in something goes against every fiber of my soul, but in another 100 hours, you're replacing the filter and all the oil anyway. The first service is the only one where both filters are changed and the oil topped up. All the changes after that are both filters and all the oil. I wound up replacing nearly 50% of the oil on the first filter service anyway. Getting close to round 2 now. I recommend keeping two 5 gallon buckets and a good funnel on hand, especially if you have multiple hydraulically operated attachments. If you open the bucket, use it, preferrably, or keep it in a place where the temperature is fairly constant to avoid condensation in the bucket.

Reactions: 1 user

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
If you got the large tires they are wider than 54". My LX2610HSD is about 58" across the tread of the R4's (15-19.5 in the back without spacers).
Closer to 60 with the R14's. They're fat.

methos123

Nov 4, 2021
Arkansas
No, I'm happy with the 54" Your 3310 might benefit a little from it, but the 60" bucket is a little bit lighter construction than the 54". I saw the two buckets sitting side by side. If you're moving a lot of light materials, yeah, the 60" will be just fine. If you're abusing the bucket some, then you're gonna want the strength. Another 6" of width really isn't that much more volume, and ya gotta remember, that more is not always better. Even on a 33HP tractor, it's still a small tractor, and a heavy bucket of wet dirt can get real dangerous real quick. If you're planning on digging, add a tooth bar to the bucket. That flat and straight edge doesn't dig so good in clay. The toothbar made an amazing difference in mine. I recommend the Piranha, but if you want 5 only toothbars to have, just ask anyone with a different brand from mine. BEWARE, they are SHARP on the edges.

No more experience than I have, someone with a wheel barrow and shovel could probably outrun me moving material. I'm learning, though. Like I said, I cannot complain even a little bit about my LX2610.

BUT, pay attention to which hydraulic filter is who. The manual for the LX has them identified backward. The labels for the HST and the Hydraulic filters are reversed in the manual figures. I double, triple, and quadruple checked that before I could believe it wasn't just my ignorance that got me in that pickle. I made a pretty good mess taking the wrong filter off first. I've since learned that while it's a little more work doing the 100H service, it's easier to just go ahead and drain the hydraulic oil to a clean catch pan, and put it back in. There's a few tricks (that I read about much too late) using a shop vac to keep the oil in while you pull the Hydraulic Filter (bottom right side.) It's your tractor, do it the way you want. Putting used oil back in something goes against every fiber of my soul, but in another 100 hours, you're replacing the filter and all the oil anyway. The first service is the only one where both filters are changed and the oil topped up. All the changes after that are both filters and all the oil. I wound up replacing nearly 50% of the oil on the first filter service anyway. Getting close to round 2 now. I recommend keeping two 5 gallon buckets and a good funnel on hand, especially if you have multiple hydraulically operated attachments. If you open the bucket, use it, preferrably, or keep it in a place where the temperature is fairly constant to avoid condensation in the bucket.
Good to hear about the 54" bucket, and that makes sense to me. I am getting the Kubota cutting edge financed in the deal for the bucket. I don't know how good it is going to be compared to something like the piranha tooth bar, but hopefully it's good enough that I don't regret purchasing it. I am financing a lot of implements because I figure at 0%...you can't get a better finance charge than that! Besides, the cost of anything going forward is only going up from last year! I am getting all the prices and financing honored from last year when we made the agreement. I noticed that Kubota has decreased the time for 0% financing to only 60 months now instead of the 84 of last year. I went ahead and got 42" pallet forks, 58" reverse tiller, rcr1860 rotary cutter, 60" 3pt mower, sgc1060 grapple, and a 60" box blade. 😁 I almost forgot about the TU70 20' trailer to boot! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Unfortunately, my dealer says that they cannot order the 60" bucket. They can only get the 54".
Ask if they can order another manufacturers SSQA bucket. I have the Kubot light material 60" on my LX2610 and am going with a HLA 60" compact bucket on my future LX3310.

methos123

Nov 4, 2021
Arkansas
Ask if they can order another manufacturers SSQA bucket. I have the Kubot light material 60" on my LX2610 and am going with a HLA 60" compact bucket on my future LX3310.
That would probably work out fine if I really had to have the 60" bucket. However, I would lose the financing and zero down. I just bought a house, and have been moving through the cash fixing things, so I would rather just keep the 54" bucket.