Leaking Flat faced Connector(s)

ely4donnie

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
I have a BX2380 with the quick hydraulic coupler for the L344 FEL.
I have had the coupler replaced twice in 5 years. Last summer I didn't notice any leaks. This winter I have the BX2816 snowblower attached. It uses all 4 quick connects as I have the chute rotator. Recently I noticed hydraulic oil leaking on my garage floor. I was looking at YouTube videos and it seems that leaking is usually related to the connectors attached to the valve block. Is this a problem with one of the connectors or with the quick coupler base? The leak occurred after leaving the blower raised (ie. I didn't release the pressure!) Thanks!

Thunder chicken

Equipment
M7060
Dec 29, 2019
Northern ontario
When you shut down next time, bleed off the pressure, (wiggle the controls) and disconnect the couplers. Clean them off. Wait. See if any are weeping. Im going through the same issue, but mine are only leaking while connected, pointing to the female couplers. Some brands have replacable O rings. Some dont advertise that fact they can be rebuilt but if you crack them open a good machine shop should size up the o rings for you. Cheaper than new fittings!

Reactions: 1 user