Leaf Vaccum for Kubota B2910-RCK60-27B Mower

midmichmom

Equipment
B2910, RCK60 Mower
May 3, 2018
Howell, Michigan
I have a B2910 with a RCK60-27B Mower. We have many trees and lots of leaves. It would be a big help to be able to vaccum them up. Several companies make some really nice vaccums but they all seem to be for the small compact tractors. Has anyone put a vaccum on one like mine? It would be really nice to have it run off the PTO and have a dumping feature. A local person has a New Holland vaccum for sale on Marketplace and it looks like it runs off the PTO. It does not dump (3 bags collect the leaves). I would have to buy the tube and get a mower deck adapter. I took photos and measurements of the mower opening. It's irregular. From what I presume to be the area that needs to be covered, it's 20.5" wide and 7" high on the back and 6.5 on the front. If anyone has something that works I'd like to know about it. Meanwhile I guess I'll be raking!

Attachments

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Cyclone Rake is a brand that makes a tow behind cart with built in engine to vacuum up the leaves gathered by a mid mount mower. They sell a boot and tube that attaches to the mmm where you picture. You measure your mower and they sell you the right boot. It is made out of heavy plastic and you cut the opening to fit. When the cart is full you undo the velcro flaps in the back and tip the cart to dump the leaves. Theoretically you can drive off leaving the leaves, but I end up raking them out and creating a mulch pile. It is not work free, but it eliminates the raking and does a superb job.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I've had an AgriMetal pto powered leaf blower for almost 30 years now and hardly have to touch a rake anymore. I blow the leaves back into the woods or out into the open field. Here's their website:

There's a link on the page to download the specifications on the different models for different HP tractors.

Here's a link to a thread here on OTT regarding leaf problem options: https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/threads/leaf-vacuum-power-rake.42303/#post-360256\

You can either blow the leaves back into the woods or into big piles and scoop them up and haul them away. they're pretty close coupled to the rear of the tractor so working in and around trees is pretty easy.
Maintenance free save for greasing the bearings and pto driveline.

midmichmom

Equipment
B2910, RCK60 Mower
May 3, 2018
Howell, Michigan
I have a B2910 with a RCK60-27B Mower. We have many trees and lots of leaves. It would be a big help to be able to vaccum them up. Several companies make some really nice vaccums but they all seem to be for the small compact tractors. Has anyone put a vaccum on one like mine? It would be really nice to have it run off the PTO and have a dumping feature. A local person has a New Holland vaccum for sale on Marketplace and it looks like it runs off the PTO. It does not dump (3 bags collect the leaves). I would have to buy the tube and get a mower deck adapter. I took photos and measurements of the mower opening. It's irregular. From what I presume to be the area that needs to be covered, it's 20.5" wide and 7" high on the back and 6.5 on the front. If anyone has something that works I'd like to know about it. Meanwhile I guess I'll be raking!
Thanks so much for your response. After searching many options, I ordered the Cyclone Rake. If I don't get it too full, hopefully it will be easy to dump. Went with the XL Model with dual wheels and the Blue Diamond Liner since we have sandy soil. Looks like they have really good customer support so hopefully I can't go wrong. Wish I could have gone the blower route but I'm afraid my neighbors would not appreciate me blowing leaves across the road into their property. Looks like its the way to go if the situation works and what the pros use to move leaves fast. Thanks for both responses.

Reactions: 1 user

abbx

Equipment
mow, snow blow
Mar 16, 2015
High Falls, NY USA
Using the tow behind leaf vacuum means you have a motor in front and a motor behind! That's a lot of noise. (even with ear protection)

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
I think you made a good choice. Got a chuckle when I opened this thread and saw this add above it!
cyclone add.png

midmichmom

Equipment
B2910, RCK60 Mower
May 3, 2018
Howell, Michigan
Using the tow behind leaf vacuum means you have a motor in front and a motor behind! That's a lot of noise. (even with ear protection)
I'll be sure to cover my ears. Want you all to know I really appreciate your help- widow of 2 years, going on 78 yrs old & never drove the tractor before that time! Have learned a lot since then! 5.5 acres all mowed with large oak trees on three sides and road on one of those sides. 2 great neighbors helping me and you guys too! Thanks so much. Stay Safe and Happy Turkey Day!

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I'll be sure to cover my ears. Want you all to know I really appreciate your help- widow of 2 years, going on 78 yrs old & never drove the tractor before that time! Have learned a lot since then! 5.5 acres all mowed with large oak trees on three sides and road on one of those sides. 2 great neighbors helping me and you guys too! Thanks so much. Stay Safe and Happy Turkey Day!
I hope it works out well for you! Yes you will need hearing protection!

Also Find a nice place to put it together, it takes a while. The customer service is good, when the first boot didn't fit they promptly sent another. You will need help lifting the engine onto the front of the cart once it is assembled. We are same age. Hopefully you have a good set of tools, but the instructions tell you what size wrenches you need, often a pair. The instructions are pretty clear but read ahead in case something doesn't apply.

I don't have the strength to tilt up a full cart, two solutions, only fill part way, or rake out half and then lift. You'll know you have overfilled it when the minced leaves start blowing down the back of your neck.....

midmichmom

Equipment
B2910, RCK60 Mower
May 3, 2018
Howell, Michigan
I hope it works out well for you! Yes you will need hearing protection!

Also Find a nice place to put it together, it takes a while. The customer service is good, when the first boot didn't fit they promptly sent another. You will need help lifting the engine onto the front of the cart once it is assembled. We are same age. Hopefully you have a good set of tools, but the instructions tell you what size wrenches you need, often a pair. The instructions are pretty clear but read ahead in case something doesn't apply.

I don't have the strength to tilt up a full cart, two solutions, only fill part way, or rake out half and then lift. You'll know you have overfilled it when the minced leaves start blowing down the back of your neck.....
Thanks for all the tips. Hope I can handle everything. You're swell to offer help. Thanks so much.

midmichmom

Equipment
B2910, RCK60 Mower
May 3, 2018
Howell, Michigan
A new question re: the cyclone rake. It looks like it's pretty heavy to get on and off the tractor. I will need to remove it at times and I'm concerned about lifting it off. Should I bite the bullet and just buy the 3rd wheel Jack stand they sell or try to make my own fix. Photos are confusing- a video one guy made shows him adding a bar in the middle where the jack is attached but the package they are selling now does not show a bar as part of the package. And it looks like the clearance is limited to turn the stand up and down. It must be turned from above with a topwind handle and not on the side, correct? Is there enough cleanance for a topwind handle? I'm sure I need a stand probably with a wheel since lifting can be a problem and I'll need to take it off and put it on when I'm not using it. I have room to keep it inside but not enough attached to the tractor. Do you have any suggestions?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
A new question re: the cyclone rake. It looks like it's pretty heavy to get on and off the tractor. I will need to remove it at times and I'm concerned about lifting it off. Should I bite the bullet and just buy the 3rd wheel Jack stand they sell or try to make my own fix. Photos are confusing- a video one guy made shows him adding a bar in the middle where the jack is attached but the package they are selling now does not show a bar as part of the package. And it looks like the clearance is limited to turn the stand up and down. It must be turned from above with a topwind handle and not on the side, correct? Is there enough cleanance for a topwind handle? I'm sure I need a stand probably with a wheel since lifting can be a problem and I'll need to take it off and put it on when I'm not using it. I have room to keep it inside but not enough attached to the tractor. Do you have any suggestions?
I have the jack stand and would not like to lift the front end. With the wheeled stand and the wheels on the cart it is easy to shove the whole rig around to park it out of the way, at least on concrete. The vertical part of the stand and the handle come off when the cyclone rake is in use.

I have the battery start feature on the engine, and so it is convenient to park it where the battery tender can be plugged in when it is not being used. One could also remove the battery and plug in elsewhere. Or the whole engine can be taken off for the winter and wheeled to a convenient spot. I am not far from you, send Personal Message and we can talk if need be. I'll look at the website to see how different the newer ones are, mine is on its 3d season now.

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
Had successful results using landscape rake to collect leaves, then use root grapple to transport leaves to burn pile

Greg8352

Equipment
L245dt
Feb 6, 2020
Covington Ohio
I was burning about a bushel of leaves in the ditch going under my driveway. Law caught me. No burning leaves in town. Said i was sorry. He left and i finished burning.

Greg8352

Equipment
L245dt
Feb 6, 2020
Covington Ohio
I was burning about a bushel of leaves in the ditch going under my driveway. Law caught me. No burning leaves in town. Said i was sorry. He left and i finished burning.

midmichmom

Equipment
B2910, RCK60 Mower
May 3, 2018
Howell, Michigan
Hi folks- Just a follow up on the Cyclone Rake. Came in 12 boxes and took hours & a couple days to assemble- not just 4 hours! Package came with the Special Hitch but from the beginning I thought the added cost 3pt hitch would be better. I was right. A neighbor helped set up everything and he knew the hitch they sent eventually would fail. So I bought a fast hitch for the tractor. Thus set up took even longer getting all the connections right- bushings, washers and drilling new holes in the plate that came with the Special hitch they supplied.

I bought the rake with the electric start since pulling ropes can be difficult for me. Started up right away and used it even though the leaves were wet and wind rowed- in December. Works like a charm. Never plugged, easy to empty and follows along perfectly. We did not cut the boot opening extra large & to the edges of the boot but wondered if that would cause any problems. Didn't at all and the boot thus has not been weakened. The boot they sent is the largest boot they have. Comes with it's own battery maintainer- so that's a plus. All I have to do now is drain the oil- suggested after 1st use- and empty the gas out. Waiting for a warmer day! Even though we used stabil, I think it best to get all the gas out til next Fall. Have room for it to be detatched, stored inside but not taken apart. I have a small dolly, built it up with pieces of wood and set the tongue of the rake on it. It's easy to push around so I didn't need to buy the jack stand and ready to go when needed. Highly recommended but expensive. In hind sight, I probably could have hired boys to rake leaves (if you can find any that will do it) for many years and never paid out the amount it cost. But those days I fear are gone forever. Love this forum for help. Thanks to every one so much for your help. Sorry I haven't responded sooner.
Draw bar, Fast Hitch & Rake #1.jpg
Draw bar, Fast Hitch & Rake #2.jpg

Mrlunchbox

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2023 BX2380 loader/mower. Land Pride snow pusher, Kapteyn pallet forks
Nov 21, 2020
Southern Worcester County, MA
I know you already purchased, but looks like these guys have one for a Kubota. Just like you were looking for. Although I think it may fit a bigger machine? Did you look into this company at all? Sorry to be late to the party! ha ha

anthonyv

Equipment
BX24 BX2200
Jan 24, 2017
SC
I have been using a cyclone rake for sometime now & I also had some difficulty lifting the bag when full. What I did was fasten a wheel barrow handle to the left underside of the frame with HD hose clamps (or u-bolts). You can get these from Lowes or most big box stores. This gave me extra leverage to lift a full bag with more ease. Since the rake & tractor move as one there is no worry about the handle hitting something & I have not had any interference with the handle.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Glad to hear you did ok with the assembly. Yes it is unbelievably slow! Gives new meaning to the term some assembly required. I will be grateful for the pictures if I ever have to switch over to using the B2650 to pull mine instead of my old Ingersoll. Did you just get that bar plus bushings from TSC to make a place to attach to?

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I know you already purchased, but looks like these guys have one for a Kubota. Just like you were looking for. Although I think it may fit a bigger machine? Did you look into this company at all? Sorry to be late to the party! ha ha

That dumping mechanism looks slick. Being able to dump from the seat on the go is a great feature.