Landpride vs King Kutter

Tim1983

Jan 3, 2021
Wisconsin
Looking at some initial implements/attachments for my soon to be purchased B2601. For implements that are simple or will only be used 2-3 times a year, is it worth spending the extra on nicer brands like Landpride, Fronteier, etc? Even if I get a deal on Landpride from the dealer, I doubt it will be close to the price of King Kutter from my local Fleet Farm. For a 10% difference, Ill stick with the nice stuff, for 20-40% the "cheap" stuff looks very attractive. I can use the money saved for other implements, or even to upgrade the one or two I really think need it.

I think a big part of this is many implements I would like may only be used a few times a year. Enough to make renting annoying, but I doubt they will get a lot of wear.

Initial Implements in order of priority
Rotary Mower - ~48"
Stump Bucket
Disk Harrow
Pallet Forks, or Grapple
Maybe a Rototiller
Snow Pusher (wont need it until next year at this point)

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Just my opinion:
  • Mower-I would spend the extra money and get a high quality mower
  • Stump bucket-no experience with, but doubt that I would spend much on it
  • Disk Harrow-if you are only using it a couple times a year, you go cheap, but you may have to add weight to it
  • Grapple-I would buy a nice grapple-I didn't think I would use one much and I use mine all the time, well worth every penny I spent on it
  • Pallet forks-my dad took my pallet forks and use them on his tractor; he uses them a lot, worth the money to get a good set
  • Rototiller-I don't have one, looked at several, I don't know if there is enough difference, but my guess is that in this category you may get what you pay for
Again just my opinion. I have bought some cheaper implements for limited use and they have held up fine. Yet for items that I know I will be using and need to with stand the abuse, I have spent the money for the higher quality.

Reactions: 2 users

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Agree with bmeyers.

I like Everything attachment implements, they are somewhat local here in NC and offer free delivery within 1000 miles. I know it is not "free" it's included in the cost of the implement.

I chose to spend the extra on a landscape rake and bought it from EA. I could have saved a couple hundred bucks but I felt the cheaper one may actually cost me more in the long run replacing tines that were bent and the time to do it. Used it now for 3 years not a single tine bent and it is good as new.

My disk I use a lot but I acquired a 30 year old version from tractor supply that has held up well, seems to be better quality than they have today.

Made my own pallet forks. Bought a back plate from Titan attachments and picked up the forks from a old fork lift at work. Ended up with $220.00 in the setup.

A tiller would be nice but used to often in the garden I believe can destroy the soil as it pounds it over and over. For me have larger pieces of debris like leaves in the soil aids in water seeping into the soil. When I used a tiller the soil would become like powder.

The short of it look for used older implements they are well made.

Buy nice where you plan to use a lot or damage my occur. Buying twice is not good!

Best of luck.

Jay

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Try to find out where the implement is made. I have a personal bias against chinese made stuff. Pay attention to moving parts like gear boxes, PTO shafts etc. All is not equal out there.

I've had good luck with Landpride so far and would buy them again.

Reactions: 1 user

Tim1983

Jan 3, 2021
Wisconsin
If you buy though your Kubota dealer can you finance at 0% as a package with the tractor?
I could, but I am not going to. I got pricing on the Land Pride from the dealer. I was actually happy to see it wasn't as over priced as Deere and Frontier. BUT, outside the $500 off one implement, he said the price would be the same today or the day after I bought the tractor.

Irrigation Guy

Equipment
B2601
Dec 19, 2020
North East
I could, but I am not going to. I got pricing on the Land Pride from the dealer. I was actually happy to see it wasn't as over priced as Deere and Frontier. BUT, outside the $500 off one implement, he said the price would be the same today or the day after I bought the tractor.
i guess my point was that if you are financing you add a $1500 land pride mower to the$20,000 tractor it will only raise your payment a few dollars a month. If they are still running 0% program it might take the sting out of the higher priced implements.

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
Pallet forks I have my eye on landpride PFL1242 for weight.
Tiller I have a 48" betstco paid considerably less than what they currently show thus that is what made the decision.