L4760 No Cab Heat

Mstrahl

Equipment
Kubota L4760
Oct 30, 2020
Indiana
I’m hoping you guys can give me some guidance. I just bought this L4760 in August. It’s a 2016 and had 300 hrs when I brought it home. The air has worked fine but now that’s started to cool off I discovered the heat is blowing cold. The Tractor gets to operating temperature fine. Coolant overflow is full. I tried running the tractor with out the radiator cap to purge any air that might be trapped in the system. The coolant lines that run into the cab never get warm/hot. I do not see a shutoff valve anywhere in the line. Am I missing it somewhere? Also I believe the blend door on this model is above my head behind the air filter in the headliner. Correct me if I’m wrong. it doesn’t appear to move when I turn the temp dial on the control panel from cold to hot. What are my next steps? What am I missing? Is there a way to test the control panel and blend door to make sure they are working?

Thanks everyone. This is my first tractor purchase and I’m still learning my way around this thing.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
there is a coolant valve in the heater box in the cabin top. Could be sticking/stuck/etc. Pull the roof and have a look-see.

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Look under the hood again and trace all the coolant lines to and from the cab. I installed a ball valve in my circuit to stop me cooking in the summer. Yours might have a similar valve somewhere.

Without the ball valve, the lines to my cab got hot as the in cab valve didn't close 100%.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
In addition to what Lugbolt posted...

Might be a ball valve (owner installed) or maybe not but the heater control valve is up top anyway and it's electrically controlled (not mechanical). Will be adjacent to the heater core on the right side of the tractor. Roof removal is via the long Phillips screws in the headliner. The short ones only secure the headliner to the ROPS structure.

AC lines go up the left inner center pillar, heater lines up the right pillar. Have fun with the roof. Some come off easy some don't. When you do get it off, take a good look at the sealing gasket in the roof itself. If the gasket is hard and cracked, replace it. 90 bucks at your local dealer.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
there is a coolant valve in the heater box in the cabin top. Could be sticking/stuck/etc. Pull the roof and have a look-see.
Lugbolt... What year did they switch from the roof to under the seat base? Curious.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
When I purchased my L3560, the AC worked great, but the main reason I purchased a cab was for the Winter. When the Winter hit, the heat didn't work. Being still under warranty, I called the dealer and they checked it out and found a hose was crushed preventing the circulation and replaced all hoses to and from the roof mounted heating unit. Worth looking at.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Here is the parts diagram of the water valve (#200) located at the top of the cabin. It is controlled by a cable connected by the Temp lever in the cab. It is NOT electrical as was misstated in an earlier post.

Attachments

Mstrahl

Equipment
Kubota L4760
Oct 30, 2020
Indiana
Here is the parts diagram of the water valve (#200) located at the top of the cabin. It is controlled by a cable connected by the Temp lever in the cab. It is NOT electrical as was misstated in an earlier post.
Hey whitetiger where did you pull these diagrams from? id love to have access to these resources if they are available somewhere. Thanks for the help.

Thanks for all the tips fellas. I’ll dig into it some more here soon and report back.

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
illustrated parts diagrams from Kubota's own website... Just click the legal crap and model info.

ILLUSTRATED PARTS

Good luck.