L355SS-stpped moving

David-in-OK

Equipment
L355SS, brush hog, box blade
Aug 2, 2020
Oklahoma
I Just got it back from the shop. Started to pull out my flat bed from a muddy pasture with the bucket and it stopped moving. No forward or reverse and the 3 point wont move. It was a little low on hydraulic oil, i added couple gallons and still nothing. Ideas?

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Take it back to the shop if that is what they fixed!
No other idea on that problem though.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It's possible that the pump has cavitated, if it's cold it could take some time, try cycling the three point several times while it's at an idle.
If you still don't get anything pull the filter and see if it's full of fluid.

David-in-OK

Equipment
L355SS, brush hog, box blade
Aug 2, 2020
Oklahoma
It's possible that the pump has cavitated, if it's cold it could take some time, try cycling the three point several times while it's at an idle.
If you still don't get anything pull the filter and see if it's full of fluid.
It was something like that. My mechanic stopped out and messed with it and it moved normally. He said it was probably a clog. I think that it as more like you described that it cavitated. A week before, the oil sight glass blew out and I lost a lot of fluid. After permatexing the sight glass and added fluid I probably introduced air bubbles as I drove it a little when it was low on fluid.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Glad to hear you got it going again.
If she gives you more problems down the like pop back on and I'll give you more Places / Ideas to look at.