L3200 no till

bam43431

Equipment
2011 Kubota L3200
Jan 25, 2021
NW Ohio
Wondering if there a small (4- 6' wide) no till planter that my Kubota L3200 can handle?

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
Welcome to OTT, are you looking for a No-Till drill planter? or just a single or double row planter? I pull a single (guessing) old Ford planter and I have driven it into no till situations just to see if it works (and it planted fine).

Do you have Ag (R1) tires or the more common Industrial (R4) tires... The wide R4 is not the greatest when trying to actually farm... They are too wide and not the best traction.

My single row planter is off set so I can drive back on the same tracks and plant another row.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Land Pride makes a small planter, it might work.

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
This is a picture of a little 4 foot no till drill that I used to plant a small area with natives. It had two different boxes that can be filled depending on the seeds your planting.
I pulled it with my little B7100 . I would think that there are others on the market that would work well with your L3200.
If you go to YouTube there are videos showcasing this planter. I borrowed this planter from my local Pheasants Forever chapter so other than using it the one day I do not know much about it.
My local farm supply (Fleet Farm) lists a 4 foot wide "drill" type planter also.
I would think your L3200 would handle a wider and heavier no-till drill? The B7100 had absolutely no issues but I was on flat land with grass that had been largely killed off with Round up at the beginning of the growing season. I planted in Nov.

IMG_4374.JPG
IMG_4386.JPG

Last edited:

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
And just a FYI. The contractor that no-till planted my 28 acres had this LandPride planter.
It was beautifully constructed and very beefy machine. He was pulling it with a Massy Ferguson 1755m which I would guess is much more substantial than a L3200? He covered a lot of ground with it (28 acres) in a short amount of time. It cut thru just about everything including pine residue from his Fecon head.
As SidecarFlip said LandPride may offer a drill sized for the L3200.

MFDC0022.JPG

bam43431

Equipment
2011 Kubota L3200
Jan 25, 2021
NW Ohio
Welcome to OTT, are you looking for a No-Till drill planter? or just a single or double row planter? I pull a single (guessing) old Ford planter and I have driven it into no till situations just to see if it works (and it planted fine).

Do you have Ag (R1) tires or the more common Industrial (R4) tires... The wide R4 is not the greatest when trying to actually farm... They are too wide and not the best traction.

My single row planter is off set so I can drive back on the same tracks and plant another row.
Looking for a true no-till. I have the R4 tires.

bam43431

Equipment
2011 Kubota L3200
Jan 25, 2021
NW Ohio
This is a picture of a little 4 foot no till drill that I used to plant a small area with natives. It had two different boxes that can be filled depending on the seeds your planting.
I pulled it with my little B7100 . I would think that there are others on the market that would work well with your L3200.
If you go to YouTube there are videos showcasing this planter. I borrowed this planter from my local Pheasants Forever chapter so other than using it the one day I do not know much about it.
My local farm supply (Fleet Farm) lists a 4 foot wide "drill" type planter also.
I would think your L3200 would handle a wider and heavier no-till drill? The B7100 had absolutely no issues but I was on flat land with grass that had been largely killed off with Round up at the beginning of the growing season. I planted in Nov.

View attachment 53926 View attachment 53927
Looks interesting. Ill check it out.