L175 - Front Weight

Robert Cleere

Equipment
L175
Mar 31, 2011
Huntsville, Alabama, USA
Here is a pic of the mounting I have for front weight(s) on my L175.

I'm not sure what the weight looks like or if I should have another part (carrier) to hold several 'suitcase' weights.

I do need the front weight, I am using my Kubota mainly for bush-hogging and my land has fair grades. I have the front wheel weights, but it's easy for the front wheels to come off the ground on a hill - especially when the deck is lifted.

If front weights are expensive - is there a simple and safe alternative to putting some weight up front?

Attachments

meanjean

Equipment
Kubota MX4700
Aug 10, 2010
Hazelridge, Manitoba
The holes on the plate...are they threaded?
Build a mount which attaches there.
Make sure it comes out far enough to clear the axel, also low enough that it doesn't keep the hood from swinging open.

Orange Tractors

Equipment
L175 w/Woods L59, Allis Chalmers WD
Jul 19, 2009
Butler, MO
My L175 is also missing the bumper. I really don't need it, I use mine as a lawnmower with a Woods L59-K17 mower.

I thought about building a rack to match the bolt holes, and buying a set of barbells at a garage sale or using a few pieces of rail road rail for weight. It wouldn't look as good as the factory weights, but it would be cheap.

Robert

meanjean

Equipment
Kubota MX4700
Aug 10, 2010
Hazelridge, Manitoba
Robert,

You can add the weight assembly with ease, provided you don't have a loader.
Plenty of room to hang just about anything off the front.

gurn

Equipment
Kubota L175
Apr 15, 2011
Nashville,Tn
The L-175/L-185, L-1500/01, L-1801 all made use of the following factory available weights:

-pancake bumper weight

View attachment 3235

View attachment 3234

-under battery weight (shaped like the letter 'T')
-2 pc front wheel weights (shaped like the letter 'C')

The factory front bumper will hold a suitcase weight.
Thats a good looking tractor Vic, Is it orig.? or did you restore it? The free L175 I will be bringing home soon is going to take a lot of work to get it to look like that but I'm up for the task..... I hope.

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Thats a good looking tractor Vic, Is it orig.? or did you restore it? The free L175 I will be bringing home soon is going to take a lot of work to get it to look like that but I'm up for the task..... I hope.

FREE :eek: Now that is the way I like it. :D

There are a lot of threads here that can help you. I did my L175 and posted some threads on work that I did.

Good luck and congrats on the orange. :)

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Here is a pic of the mounting I have for front weight(s) on my L175.

I'm not sure what the weight looks like or if I should have another part (carrier) to hold several 'suitcase' weights.

I do need the front weight, I am using my Kubota mainly for bush-hogging and my land has fair grades. I have the front wheel weights, but it's easy for the front wheels to come off the ground on a hill - especially when the deck is lifted.

If front weights are expensive - is there a simple and safe alternative to putting some weight up front?

I had some computer probs so I can't get at my pics yet. The pics in my photo album here on OTT has pics of my L175 and the bracket for weight. I plan to modify it for more weight. :)

Keep us posted on what you do.

Illinois_L175

Equipment
Kubota L-175,
Aug 23, 2011
Peoria, Illinois
Your Kubota is missing it's front bumper!

I have a used bumper and a set of front wheel weights.
Good afternoon Gents,

New L175 owner here, just got back from 4 hour round trip with my wife, 3 year old and 6 month old boys. I'm much more excited than she is right now. V'been Searching around for some parts. I just snached rear fenders from E-bay, but I'm in need of the front bumper and weights. Im probably most interested in the bumper / bracket, due to shipping costs of the weights. Please let me know if yo can help.

Best Regards,
Big Joe

Illinois_L175

Equipment
Kubota L-175,
Aug 23, 2011
Peoria, Illinois
ok, so Ive given up on buying original front bumper & weight, and am just going to fab one up. But can someone please tell me what size bolts are used to attach the bumper? There are threaded holes and I dont want to cross thread or mess them up with incorrect size.