L1720 loader cylinders

cabhopkubota

Equipment
l355ss
Jun 8, 2015
Tucson
Has anyone replaced the seal kit in a 2inch bore with 1 1/2 dia. rod. and 27.5 in stroke? both of mine are so worn they won't lift the bucket after the oil warms up. After market cylinders of the same size are available but the ports are all on one side of the cylinder and the pins are 1/8 larger that the aftermarket that are 1 inch. It is going to be a chore resizing the lift arms pin holes plus I will have to have 2 hoses lengthened. Anyone been down that road of repair? Thanks cabhopkubota

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Has anyone replaced the seal kit in a 2inch bore with 1 1/2 dia. rod. and 27.5 in stroke? both of mine are so worn they won't lift the bucket after the oil warms up. After market cylinders of the same size are available but the ports are all on one side of the cylinder and the pins are 1/8 larger that the aftermarket that are 1 inch. It is going to be a chore resizing the lift arms pin holes plus I will have to have 2 hoses lengthened. Anyone been down that road of repair? Thanks cabhopkubota
Generally, it is a better idea to take to an independent hydraulic shop for a rebuild.

Buying seal kits from Kubota is expensive and doing the seal replacement the proper way requires special tools.

I will attach some files re seal installation just to give you an idea of what is involved.

Dave

Attachments

cabhopkubota

Equipment
l355ss
Jun 8, 2015
Tucson
Generally, it is a better idea to take to an independent hydraulic shop for a rebuild.

Buying seal kits from Kubota is expensive and doing the seal replacement the proper way requires special tools.

I will attach some files re seal installation just to give you an idea of what is involved.

Dave
Thank you Dave. I did not report that my loader is a l1720 attached to a l355ss but looks like the one in the download. The hydraulic mechanic that did my 210LE J.D. did those off the back of his service truck ( I was fortunate to hire him for the loader joystick valves were leaking) with little effort. I would have been lost trying to replace the control stick valves without removing the hoses or anything. I showed him the Kubota and he got the kits for both cylinders plus his labor for less than an aftermarket 2x28 inch would cost plus having to deal with different size pins to hold the cylinders on. If the cylinders are good inside I should have an old machine that I can use around the house with little trouble. Thank you again for your reply and help. Cabhopkubota