kubota b7001 thinking of buying looking for advise

tractor joe

Equipment
b6000
Jul 3, 2014
granada hills ca los angeles
im not sure if this is a no no posting like this.... but this looks like a very clean low hour b series.. I was just browsing for Kubota parts for my b6000 and came across it.. price is high considering.. but it sure if nice..

http://chico.craigslist.org/grd/4487284379.html

here is the add.. has a strange issue.. hydraulic pump issue? injection pump or some weird oil pressure sensor or??

looking for any ideas.. might be worth taking a trip up there to check it out..

Zatzke

Equipment
L305DT
Jul 11, 2014
Otsego, MI
It looks almost new - if only it ran correctly. Almost sounds like its not getting enough air or enough fuel.

The question is, how mechanically inclined are you and are you willing to invest a bit of time into a project? You probably have a couple thousand in attachments between the FEL and the tiller. Is it worth buying a B7001 for a couple thousand that looks mint that needs work? Could be minor, could be major...

I've gotten into projects like this in the past and had them go both ways. Some of them only need good troubleshooting, a couple small parts, and a bit of elbow grease. Others wind up more involved and not worth it in the long haul... The seller also mentions that it has gotten new pistons & rings, so you also have to question the workmanship of the seller and his "mechanic" who could be the "friend of the family".

If you have time on your hands, enjoy troubleshooting & working on tractors - ask yourself if you are willing to take the gamble. You may be able to go take a look at the tractor and spot the issue on the scene! If you have to get a dealer or mechanic involved, I would probably pass.

No harm in looking - best of luck!