kubota b6000 injection pump issue

tractor joe

Equipment
b6000
Jul 3, 2014
granada hills ca los angeles
So today I replaced the fuel lines from the tank to fuel filter to the fuel pump to the injection pump.. had to take the electric fuel pump apart and clean it to get it working. has a good flow.. let it run into a bowl after the fuel filter to get any junk out of the tank and old fuel filter..

hooked it all up and turned the engine over by jumping the starter (I have no key) and directly hooking up the fuel pump to the battery..

Not getting any thing to the injector lines.. removed the lines and made sure they were free of debris.. tried moving the throttle to full and half and idle and still nothing.. defiantly getting fuel to the injection pump.. not my first diesel by any means.. but this is my first 2 cylinder Kubota. I did have a 1980 l245 for a few years..

anyone know any tricks with the injection pump? should I pull it apart? ive rebuilt a few Cummins a old Detroit and Onan mep military gen injection pumps..

history on this tractor.. was used for yard art for 10 years :rolleyes:.. supposedly was a good runner.. bought it from the guy that bought it from the old man that restored it in the late 80s and used it for yard art.. the previous owner never messed with it..

any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.. really excited to get this old gal going and see what its condition it..

thanks!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Do you have a fuel selonoid on the injection pump? Bolts up to either front or back side of injection pump with a couple of wires on a quick connect that go to it. If you have one on there, it may not be working.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Did you bleed all the air out to the input of the injection pump?
The with the throttle set to high, crack the injector lines and crank till fuel is present then tighten lines.
If your not getting fuel to the injectors then yes the injector pump is probably all gummed up.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
My vote is the injector pump was left with diesel in it for 10 years which has turned to muck. You'll likely have to put some kind of solvent through it to get the piston(s) running again. Probably all stuck in the 'up' position. You can try Seafoam/other cleaners or taking it off and leaving it in a heated parts bath overnight, anything to get the gunk to break down and come out.

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
If you determine the pump needs cleaning without disassembly try lacquer thinner as a solvent. In, swish, dump, repeat. May take several to many repeats. Leaving in bright sun for an hour or so if fill port(s) are covered (evaporation; see next) might help.

I'm reluctant to leave solvents sitting too long (sort of depending on experience) because some times the gunk that gets dissolved will settle back out in more concentrated form, especially if the solvent is allowed to evaporate.

MEK (paint store) is an alternative; carb cleaner is also good.

Please post back your continuing experiences so we may all learn.