kubota b6000 info and parts needed

tractor joe

Equipment
b6000
Jul 3, 2014
granada hills ca los angeles
Hello... new to the forum.. glad I found this place.. im a bit of a tractor junky.. I have a bunch of smaller American made tractors like j/d 140s 318s.. case 444s.. wheel horses.. etc etc.. and a few bigger ones and some really old American iron.. bulldozers hit n miss engines and etc.. also a big onan generator junky..

Anyway.. picked this b6000 up today out in Lancaster ca.. story is it was used for garden art and then sold and worked before... well see..... been sitting about 10 years.. it turns over jumping it from the starter.. no key.. put it in gear and it goes.. the engine oil is just nasty.. and overfilled to the rubber seal on the dipstick.. ive read that the rear seal can leak all the trans fluid in the oil..? trans oil is about dry..

What I need.. if you guys could be so kind.. is the bottom part of the oil bath.. muffler.. just has the two straight pipes from the block.. Key.. or new switch.. and a wiring diagram would be nice.. have a random wire that looks like it plugs into someplace over by the injection pump..

a lot of the faded stickers are in Japanese.. not sure what some of the levers do.. and the hydraulic pump? (belt driven) by the starter? not sure what that is.. says to use 30w oil.. that's all I can read.. also need to know what kind of trans oil and hydro fluid I can use.. would like to buy some generic stuff locally.. just for testing purposes and change it for the correct Kubota oils once im sure I don't have to dissect it first... know what I mean???

so tomorrow im going to clean the fuel tank and fuel filter.. hook up the electric fuel pump (hopefully it works) and bleed the fuel system.. replace some fuel hoses.. and see if she fires.. will defiantly change the oil before I start it.. ive got about 8 gallons of diesel oil laying around.. im a equipment mechanic by trade..

Any help.. advise or whatknot would be awesome.. thanks in advance!

also ive posted a pic of the serial.. anyone know the year? also need to find some front tires.. having issues finding this size in the ag type.. of course that comes after I get it running and working correctly..

thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Oil can not leak into the engine from the rear seal. The housing that starts with the bell housing and goes back to the transmission is open on the bottom and holds no oil. Oil can enter from the hydraulic pump (not the belt driven one) but usually not unless the pump is operating not just sitting. Fuel can enter the crankcase from the injection pump but once again only when the engine is operating. My guess is the lower part of the oil pan is filled with water and the oil is floating on it.
Your engine has 2 hydraulic pumps on it. The one on the right side runs the three point hitch using oil from the transmission. The one on the left that you referenced that is driven by the fan belt must have been to run something else. I believe that when a B6000 was fitted with a front endlolader they used the belt driven pump.

Changnam 59

Equipment
New to the world of Orange
Dec 24, 2011
Pathumthanee, Thailand
The air filter oil pan is available from Kubota dealers. Part number is 10283-11240. Around 40 dollars.

There is also a conical steel baffle that is fixed inside the plastic oil pan by a wing nut. It is a separate part but I have not checked price and availability on that.

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
thanks.. hopefully its not water... will know shortly. i guess i need to buy some utd trans oil.. can i use anything else for a quick test? atf?
Your tractor is gear drive so the type of oil is not as critical. Go to Walmart or Tractor Supply and by universal tractor transmission & hydraulic oil.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Parts are going to be rough to find B6000 parts are getting rarer by the day.
Key is 66591-61190 $7.88
Key and switch 66591-55503 $39.29

Your really going to want to find a used muffler and cover.
Muffler 15231-12114 $327.39
Muffler cover 66591-54620 $220.55

You could also try West Kentucky Tractor Parts for the muffler and cover.
http://wkytpstore.com/

Sgtwal

Jun 9, 2014
Terre Haute, IN.
There is a parts dealer online called Messick's that has alot of parts diagrams available on their site with a free dpownload.
Real handy to get numbers and an idea of where that doohicky belongs.