Just Purchased an L3901

Rbohno

Equipment
L3901
Jul 16, 2021
Iron Station, NC
How are you folks doing? Purchased my tractor the first of last week, salesman said it was in the crate and I could pick it up Thursday. Don’t know what’s involved in putting one together , it’s an L3901 with loader and canopy with fluid in tires. So it’s gone from Thursday to Friday and this week my salesman’s on vacation and the sales Mgr is telling maybe Friday of this week.

Reactions: 2 users

Buffalo

Equipment
L3901, FEL, mower deck
Mar 17, 2016
Oklahoma
I've had one for about five years - not a lick of trouble, and it is a beast of a machine for the uses I put it to.

Reactions: 1 user

Rbohno

Equipment
L3901
Jul 16, 2021
Iron Station, NC
I got a landspride box blade with it as well . I have looked all over for an old Gannon with scarifiers on a lever but they are scarce. Found one in Tx for $950 that looked like it came from a shipwreck but still looked as stout as day 1
I have to go get some skid steer forks for it this week as well. Ready to put it to work.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
It takes longer than you think to assemble. Depending on model, they'll come without wheels, need fluids checking and topping, FEL probably needs mounting (and all hoses etc routed properly), torque all the bolts, add any dealer options you asked for like remotes or filled tires. And it's not like they have 5 guys sitting around waiting to do it - they'll be all booked up.

Rbohno

Equipment
L3901
Jul 16, 2021
Iron Station, NC
I called today and a different guy answered the phone in the shop and said yeah we have your tractor but no front end loader. He said the factory is backed up. I said the salesman told me last week you guys were working on it and just had to finish bolting the front end loader on it.
‘Long story short they sold me a complete tractor , took my money and this week are telling me they have the tractor ready they just don’t have a front end loader.
I am old school a mans hand shake is as good as a contract and a mans word is all about integrity.

Rbohno

Equipment
L3901
Jul 16, 2021
Iron Station, NC
It takes longer than you think to assemble. Depending on model, they'll come without wheels, need fluids checking and topping, FEL probably needs mounting (and all hoses etc routed properly), torque all the bolts, add any dealer options you asked for like remotes or filled tires. And it's not like they have 5 guys sitting around waiting to do it - they'll be all booked up.
1 guy , 2 guys or 5 guys - I have run my own business most of my life and if I think it will take a week to do a job I quote it for 2 weeks and then the customer/client is happy.
If he would have told me we are backed up it will be three weeks I am okay with that but don’t say I have one here and you can pick it up this week we just have to put it together.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Good luck with getting the front end loader sooner and not later. That stinks.

ddavis83864

Equipment
Kubota Grand L6060
Mar 3, 2021
Hopefully they have all the attachments you want. There is a thread here for people commiserating about waiting for delivery. Personally I have a grading scraper I've been waiting going on 5 months for. Its crazy out there but don't get yourself down its just time and waiting. :)

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
I called today and a different guy answered the phone in the shop and said yeah we have your tractor but no front end loader. He said the factory is backed up. I said the salesman told me last week you guys were working on it and just had to finish bolting the front end loader on it.
‘Long story short they sold me a complete tractor , took my money and this week are telling me they have the tractor ready they just don’t have a front end loader.
I am old school a mans hand shake is as good as a contract and a mans word is all about integrity.
I grew up at the same school. My folks had a couple business and when you told some one this is what going to happen and when and how much you made it happen. I just went threw a deal with a dealer where another salesmen sold a tractor I though I had bought. My salesman which also is the manager of the dealership didn't make it right. Bought another tractor from another dealer and he made that deal happen like he said he would. I will never buy anything from the first dealer again.

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
1 guy , 2 guys or 5 guys - I have run my own business most of my life and if I think it will take a week to do a job I quote it for 2 weeks and then the customer/client is happy.
If he would have told me we are backed up it will be three weeks I am okay with that but don’t say I have one here and you can pick it up this week we just have to put it together.
In a normal market, I agree with you. In this market, in these conditions, the sales guy, manager and dealer can only guess when parts and implements will be available. Heck, you’re loader could be totally ready but sitting at the dock awaiting pickup because there’s a shortage of truck drivers…
You gotta be patient and happy that you’re one of the few that will be getting a great tractor.

Mike

Rbohno

Equipment
L3901
Jul 16, 2021
Iron Station, NC
The plot thickens, the GM told me today that my sales guy has been at this dealership for over 30 yrs and is best friends with the owner. He said he isn’t sure how he wrote my deal up or when he is coming back. Said he told one person he would be back today, maybe tomorrow or maybe another week. He said it’s embarrassing but he has no control over my guy and I can’t move my deal to another dealer.

Maybe I am old school because I am an old man , yes I guess I am lucky they are letting me buy one of their tractors instead of the green ones. Maybe I am lucky they gave me a good price, maybe I am lucky I got -0-% financing……………. BUT DONT LIE TO ME, TAKE MY MONEY and for equipment you don’t have, so you can’t deliver it when promised and then go on vacation for an undetermined amount of time with my money and deal tied up in some squirrely deal that the shop Forman nor the GM can figure out or comment on.

At this time I have a buy sheet, I am approved for the financing and they have $5k of my money and NOONE at this multimillion dollar dealership can tell me squat about my tractor.

Sorry fellas this isn’t a bash on Kubota, just me venting.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Sorry fellas this isn’t a bash on Kubota, just me venting.
Understand your annoyance. When I bought my tractor, I was immensely frustrated because it was promised, then didn't turn up. They had everything except the mower deck, of all things. And when I ordered, he'd said there was one in stock all ready to go. Sounds like someone sold it to another customer and I missed out. He said he'd deliver the tractor without it, and then come get it back and install, then bring it all back again. But it was 3 hours drive each way (we're a fair way from their location), that's a lot of driving. I didn't need it that urgently - I still had my old BX.

At the time it annoyed me a bit. But he was a nice enough guy and whilst it was the company's fault, it wasn't really his fault. And, now I've had the tractor 6 months, it's just a story I tell about when I bought the tractor. Made no difference overall.

D

Deleted member 47704

Not buying the truck driver shortage. Its a convenient excuse.

There should be no shortage on tractors or implements. manufacturing is an essential industry, essential industries never had to shut down.
We never shut down, we serviced our customers like we normally do, prices on material shot up (illegal price gouging) but no steel shortage.

Rbohno

Equipment
L3901
Jul 16, 2021
Iron Station, NC
I sold my other equipment so I have nothing right now as work is piling up. Supposed to get a call from salesman 1st thing this morning but I didn’t figure he would come back from his sabbatical on Friday

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Not buying the truck driver shortage. Its a convenient excuse.

There should be no shortage on tractors or implements. manufacturing is an essential industry, essential industries never had to shut down.
We never shut down, we serviced our customers like we normally do, prices on material shot up (illegal price gouging) but no steel shortage.
Many manufacturing plants were shut down, not just in the States but overseas as well.

Edit: many others that didn’t completely shut down were operating with very limited staff.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 47704

Many manufacturing plants were shut down, not just in the States but overseas as well.

Edit: many others that didn’t completely shut down were operating with very limited staff.
Essential didn't have to shut down. Some decided to shut down, its their own fault they can't deliver, can't blame it on the plandemic. It shouldn't affect me because they mismanage their company. No excuse a year later to not deliver.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Essential didn't have to shut down. Some decided to shut down, its their own fault they can't deliver, can't blame it on the plandemic. It shouldn't affect me because they mismanage their company. No excuse a year later to not deliver.
I do agree, but fear is a funny thing. And its going to continue Im afraid. I haven’t missed a day of work since this started either, but its greatly affected our (auto) industry as well.

D

Deleted member 47704

I do agree, but fear is a funny thing. And its going to continue Im afraid. I haven’t missed a day of work since this started either, but its greatly affected our (auto) industry as well.
I agree.
We supply a number of industries ,auto ,medical, energy etc it has been slow to recover, it shouldn't have.
Delta is going foul up the country again.
I wouldn't be waiting for a tractor if people kept their word. I missed a cream puff B2650 because of it.

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
While I tend to agree....regardless, it is a reality.

Mike