JD plow install on B7500

Bisleybob

Equipment
B7500
Aug 15, 2020
Harding Pennsylvania
So, I'm doing a retrofitting a John Deere 54", full hydraulic blade on my B7500, it is nearly complete, waiting on a few more fittings to tidy up the hydraulics on the plow. I will post pictures after 5 posts. I wanted to send a plug out to Weingartz Supply for taking care of my needs throughout this project. After some deep searching for a remote hydraulic adapter for my B7500, I found them and ordered it at an extremely fair price. They did mess up the order, but were very swift to correct it without any trouble, hence the plug.

Bisleybob

Equipment
B7500
Aug 15, 2020
Harding Pennsylvania
Please, do not mind the messy garage! Lots of after work nights, some metal fab and welding, some paint, and there you have it. The fittings I'm waiting for will allow me to replace the J.D. hoses, and then I will make a bracket to attach the hoses to the right side of the tractor, where they wont get damaged or be in the way when she goes back into mowing detail in the spring. I will post more pictures after completion.

Reactions: 1 user

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Good job on the retrofit project. (y)
A messy garage is a sign of a brilliant mind!

I have the same blade in the shop, I bought it for my JD430 years ago, but later but a snow blower on it instead.
I have been eyeing it lately and am going to make an adapter to mount it to my BX2230. I think I'll paint the blade Kubota orange like you did too. Only a tractor nerd will know it's a JD blade.
Another guy here, PaPow adapted the same blade to his BX a while back and he sent me pictures of the project.

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
Great job on that repurposed blade!!!
If it makes you feel any better, my organizational method is, a pile for everything and everything in its pile!
Regards

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
NICE JOB!!!
Glad to see someone else fab & prove that a JD blade will work on a Kubota besides me...lol. I fabbed my JD 54" blade up onto my Kubota BX23s. Had many people tell me along the way that its not possible to do. I dont have mine listed here on the OTT forums, but it is on another tractor forum called TBN w/pics.

I didnt paint mine up, it`s still JD yellow. I chose to leave it that way. Makes people go, huhhhhhhh???? lol

Bisleybob

Equipment
B7500
Aug 15, 2020
Harding Pennsylvania
Thanks for the support guys! Got the rest of my fittings in, and started mocking up the hose support and added the new hoses to the plow. Will need to add 2 bends to the bracket, and finish weld the hose mounts, then paint and it will be complete.

Attachments

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Could you update the thread title to something relevant? It will help people searching for it.