Is it November 3rd yet??

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Getting pretty well sick of the constant email messages and phone calls. Already mind up my mind and voted Absentee.

Every other phone call is a political one, there politicians must have big bucks to burn.

If I 'donated' to every pandering email or call for a donation, I'd be broke. 1 thing I don't do, one is donate to any politician or political faction and I do delete all the emails. Far as the phone calls. I let the answering machine do that task. They never leave a message anyway. Fine with me.

Reactions: 1 user

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I know my wife will be happy when it is over, they are carrying a LOT of political mail. Most of the carriers are working 12 hour shifts trying to keep up with the mail volume.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I know my wife will be happy when it is over, they are carrying a LOT of political mail. Most of the carriers are working 12 hour shifts trying to keep up with the mail volume.
I'll bet.

Looking forward to not having to dump my entire mailbox load of crap in the garbage daily.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Just think about the amount of political junk paper that clutters up landfill's. Amazing. Sad too.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
Im just tired of the text messages. Ive never gotten political text messages until this election, and Im getting multiple messages everyday. Between the calls and the texts my phone is beeping or going off every half our it seems, and none of it is legitimate contacts.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Im just tired of the text messages. Ive never gotten political text messages until this election, and Im getting multiple messages everyday. Between the calls and the texts my phone is beeping or going off every half our it seems, and none of it is legitimate contacts.

Ditto to what you said .... if I had a $ for every message I have marked as spam (voting sht) I could buy a very nice dinner! Never had this in the past .... somehow there random number picking is placing me at the top of the list!:rolleyes:

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
Ditto to what you said .... if I had a $ for every message I have marked as spam (voting sht) I could buy a very nice dinner! Never had this in the past .... somehow there random number picking is placing me at the top of the list!:rolleyes:
And I have no idea how MY number is getting all these. I am a very low key person. I dont put my cell number anywhere. I dont give it out anywhere except to personal people I know locally. Somehow though all the political folks have gotten it. Im getting texts from both Democrats and Republicans, and often times when they address me by name, its not even my name. The tend to address me as my brothers first name, so Im not sure if that is just a coincidence or what. My wife who is on my same phone plan and all, she gets zero political text messages, so its really odd. My wife is much more popular than me, her number is in many more places than mine.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Ive seen a LOT of this type of advertising in my blue area:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I'll bet.

Looking forward to not having to dump my entire mailbox load of crap in the garbage daily.
Thats what I do. 🤣😂🤣😂😂😂 I collect the mail as soon as I get home. If it's garbage, it doesn't even make it into the house. I drop it into the bulk can in the garage.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
And I have no idea how MY number is getting all these. I am a very low key person. I dont put my cell number anywhere. I dont give it out anywhere except to personal people I know locally. Somehow though all the political folks have gotten it. Im getting texts from both Democrats and Republicans, and often times when they address me by name, its not even my name. The tend to address me as my brothers first name, so Im not sure if that is just a coincidence or what. My wife who is on my same phone plan and all, she gets zero political text messages, so its really odd. My wife is much more popular than me, her number is in many more places than mine.
I don't get political texts. The only ones that I receive that aren't on my call list, are appointment reminders from my doctor, dentist, or the vets office. Oh, and the utility companies for my house. I get notices on my power going out on occasion, with updates on repair times, and when the power is restored. Even when I haven't lost power 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣

It is super handy though when a squirrel decides to short out the transformer feeding my house. I scroll down till I find that number and text "Out" and the outage is reported 👍👍👍👍

I do get a crap ton of calls from people trying to sell me an extended warranty for my vehicles.

I would really like to get my hands on the idiot up in Branson who sold my email address though 🤬🤬🤬 I had to register some waivers online for the grandkiddos. I have at least 50 spam emails a day now. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
I have gotten a few political emails, but after I unsubscribed, they stopped.
I've gotten a few, maybe five or six flyers in the mail, and only one phone call, which the answering machine picked up and took the message.
Don't know for sure, but I think that since I'm not on FB or Twitter or such, that is probably a factor.
Constant pummeling with TV ads is annoying though.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
This election will not be over for 4 more yeas I fear no matter who wins

Reactions: 3 users

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
What I wonder is... Who they poll to get their percentages. We have never gotten polled, ever. No problem with pandering emails but polls, never,

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I made the mistake of voting in a primary back in 1976 and that particular party EVER SINCE has sent me all kinds of junk mail as if I was one of THEM!

Never have I rec’d so much junk mail, junk texts, robo-calls, ... on and on and on.

I have a friend who works for an IT company and he says that some apps sample texts, emails, and purchase-accounts... then harvest WHO that person often communicates with.... and THAT second person‘s contact info is SOLD. My friend said it’s a foreign entity that buys it and then stuffs emails, texts and robo-calls to that contact info.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
.........and I thought that using DDG versus Goggle would eliminate most of it. Boy was I wrong, Hopefully, only 3 more days. Of course we already voted but I guess that don't matter to 'them'.... :rolleyes:

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Even it through some miracle this election is over at midnight November 3rd, the campaigning for the 2024 election will begin November 4th.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I'm ready for the election to be over, yet I'm concerned that regardless of the results that we will see a lot of violence on or after the 3rd.

St. Louis has multiple buildings boarding up and I'm assuming that is occurring in other cities. I will be happy to spend time out at the farm and away from any crowds.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
This morning's news showed some NYC stores boarding their fronts up. Must be expecting possible riots.