Is 0% really 0%?

spineman

Oct 12, 2016
Clayton, DE, USA
I used my homeowners which was considerably less. I have state farm and have always been satisfied with their coverage
I was told that I had to get the Kubota Insurance because they require an "on/off" policy which your homeowners cannot offer. If your tractor was not on your property, it would not be covered. I believe they will also fix your tractor if you bang it up pretty good.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
I was told that I had to get the Kubota Insurance because they require an "on/off" policy which your homeowners cannot offer. If your tractor was not on your property, it would not be covered. I believe they will also fix your tractor if you bang it up pretty good.
This may be true in some locations. My homeowners rider for the tractor covers it within 100 miles of the house. I can adjust that distance if I need to but the cost would increase the further out I go.

sent from a field

spineman

Oct 12, 2016
Clayton, DE, USA
This may be true in some locations. My homeowners rider for the tractor covers it within 100 miles of the house. I can adjust that distance if I need to but the cost would increase the further out I go.

sent from a field
Thanks for that info. I just contacted my homeowners agent and she has to call the company to see if they cover tractors. Who is your insurance co?

highcountrybarry

Mar 20, 2016
Fleetwood, NC
I found identical coverage from State Farm in NC to be less than half the cost. And paid any way you want, I chose annual but they do monthly. Not free money but for less than half and pay as you go was a much better value.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

adventure bob

Equipment
l6060
Nov 6, 2013
Colorado Springs
As a klutz, let me tell you that when it comes to a claim, your not going to beat the Kubota insurance. While you may pay less in coverage, I would argue until you make a claim, you have no idea how much of a PIA regular insurance is. I have made two claims through Kubota insurance and both have been seamless and the rates did not change. Try that on your homeowners. Having been through the claims process twice, it is easy, its fast and its handled by people who know tractors. Your adjuster is your dealer. Going through your normal insurance on your home owners, your adjuster is more than likely going to be a car guy. KTAC covers nearly anything stupid your going to do to your tractor to include busted windows on a cab, crushed hoods, busted headlights, crushed push guards...you name it they cover it less your deductible. Remember, Kubotas interest in making you have insurance, is primarily for them: They want you to keep the tractor in good condition in case they have to repo it or you die and your estate cant pay it off.

I'm trying to figure out how to keep the KTAC after I pay off the tractor.

highcountrybarry

Mar 20, 2016
Fleetwood, NC
I did not use homeowners, which basically only covers fire and theft on your property. I bought an individual policy, only on the tractor, from State Farm. Includes all coverage exactly as KTAC. It includes trailering and all other KTAC coverages.

Takota

Equipment
L3301
Jan 27, 2016
Sanford, Fl
Are your payments more than 268 a month. When I bought my L3301 it was 21,100 out the door, I put 3,000 down, and my payments are 301 a month. It was pretty simple.

adventure bob

Equipment
l6060
Nov 6, 2013
Colorado Springs
Takota, are you saying your insurance payment are $268 a month or that your tractor payment is $268 a month?
If your talking about tractor payments, I have a grand L6060 with a cab and all the bells and whistles, they are a little more than $268 a month. And yes my total payments equal the purchase price of the tractor, so its 0% interest. Additionally theres no "service charge" for the amount borrowed either. The car companies announce a 0% interest but in the fine print you find a service charge like "$6 per thousand borrowed" that technically isn't interest, however its a fee on the money.

Last edited:

Takota

Equipment
L3301
Jan 27, 2016
Sanford, Fl
with the Kubota insurance my total financed was 18,100, we divided that by 60 and that was/is my payment. If the amount borrowed divided by 84 ( in this case) is less than what you are paying then something is not adding up.

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
I did not use homeowners, which basically only covers fire and theft on your property. I bought an individual policy, only on the tractor, from State Farm. Includes all coverage exactly as KTAC. It includes trailering and all other KTAC coverages.

What is your deductible? And the annual rate? Do they cover pick up and delivery?

Pat